PDA

View Full Version : New Member - Mustapha Sankoh (asking for review)

Mustapha Sankoh
05-21-2016, 01:19 AM
Hey everyone my name is Mustapha Sankoh and I'm a young (24) entrepreneur with my own business who also has a main job as a regional sales manager. Im a hard worker who is hoping to take it the next level by having a successful business one day. So I'm hoping being a part of a fellowship of business owners will assist with that. Please if you have a chance, please review my website (which I made) for me and tell me if there is anything I can tweak or add that will engage more customers into at least subscribing to a news letter haha please and thank you!

My site:
Truemarketing101.com

vangogh
05-22-2016, 02:24 AM
Welcome to the forum Mustapha. Your site generally looks good. I wouldn't have the music automatically play. It can be jarring if you have your volume up loud.

If you want people to subscribe to your newsletter, you can make it more prominent. However, I suspect the main thing is to just give it more time. I see your blog started a few weeks ago. It takes time to build a following and odds are you'll grow as a blogger and be better a year from now than you are now, which will encourage more people to follow you. That assumes you continue to work at it, but I already see you've been posting ever few days. Keep doing that. It won't feel like it's worthwhile at first, but it is. It'll take a little time to notice, but if you keep at it, people will follow and some will sign up for the newsletter.

I hope that helps.

Mustapha Sankoh
05-22-2016, 11:51 AM
Yes that does help Vangogh, I figured time is all it takes but I guess im just being impatient haha but good reinforcement thank you for taking the time to check my site out and offering sound advice

turboguy
05-22-2016, 12:39 PM
Usually when I click onto a web site and hear background music I close that site out immediately. I find it startles me. In all fairness I did find your music rather soothing and actually enjoyed it but I would agree with Vangogh that most people don't like autoplay music and you would be better off removing it.

I thought your site was good. One suggestion I would have would be to put a little about your services on your home page. There really isn't much there and some people will only go as far as the home page in deciding if they want to spend time on a site. Giving a little more info on the home page could get people to stay longer and explore more.

Some of the photos came off a bit as being stock photos which might not be the best thing.

I noticed you create web sites professionally and use Wix to do them. Since I own a little stock in Wix I thank you for the business but I do think over the long haul you might be better of learning more about WordPress and over time transitioning to that. There are a lot of advantages to using Wordpress over Wix. I thought it was a plus that you publish your rates and they are quite reasonable.

Well, good luck with everything. I think you are off to an excellent start and wish you well.

Harold Mansfield
05-22-2016, 01:56 PM
Yes, get rid of the music. Not only is it a big no-no, but I'm going to say with confidence that you did not license or get permission from Sade to use it. You can't just use things (images, copy, music) that you don't own without permission or a licensing agreement.

If you still want to use music on your site, which we all highly recommend that you don't, you can purchase music tracks to use commercially at places like Royalty Free Music, Sound Effects & Licensing from AudioJungle (http://audiojungle.net/)

I also agree with everything else that was said above. Give it some time, and keep improving.