PDA

View Full Version : Opening Floral Website and Retail Front

RichardZ
05-04-2016, 12:50 PM
I need to make a website for my floral shop. It needs to be an eCommerce site so people can purchase items. I also want to get a POS store at the store.
I looked into Shopify. They have a package that costs $80 a month for retail POS and Online Site. I would need to buy the equipment of course. Not sure if this is the best route to go.
I also could build a website and put shopify cart on the webpage. I than use my Intuit quickbooks and everything communicates.. I can see sales from website and store in one location.

Does anyone have any experience with this. I am trying to make this easiest for my girlfriend. I am tech savy but she isnt.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Harold Mansfield
05-04-2016, 03:39 PM
So you need sales and inventory tracked across both the POS and online store so that it's just one seemless commerce system. Is that correct?

ElevateMedia
05-05-2016, 06:24 PM
I would use shopify its a great platform and make life a lot easier

yoligrana
06-21-2016, 08:06 AM
I would use any of the e-commerce platforms out there, it doesn't matter, but take the best advice in matter of design and user experience so your e-store will convert visitors into customers.

LarsJ
06-27-2016, 09:46 PM
wpeasycart.com has a one-time fee which can save you a small fortune every year. $80 x 12 months is $960... Your merchant account could have quickbooks integrations as well, I know ours does. (A badly designed website will mean every day could be a lost opportunity; hurting your business & sales.)

WordPress eCommerce Shopping Cart Plugin Comparison (http://www.wpeasycart.com/wordpress-shopping-cart-comparison/)

GroupISO
07-11-2016, 02:16 PM
I would use shopify its a great platform and make life a lot easier

Shopify is definitely a potential good solution. You may want to check out ShopKeep as well.

Allevi8 Marketing
07-11-2016, 02:25 PM
WooCommerce extension on Wordpress is a great system. It is a free plug in and you can integrate payments through paypal as well.

AndrewLockman
07-11-2016, 06:35 PM
I also recommend Shopify for any site but you already have a WordPress installation WooCommerce will be easy to integrate. How will you generate the product images? Floral shops really have to have killer visuals.