PDA

View Full Version : Opening Floral Website and Retail Front

RichardZ
05-04-2016, 12:50 PM
I need to make a website for my floral shop. It needs to be an eCommerce site so people can purchase items. I also want to get a POS store at the store.
I looked into Shopify. They have a package that costs $80 a month for retail POS and Online Site. I would need to buy the equipment of course. Not sure if this is the best route to go.
I also could build a website and put shopify cart on the webpage. I than use my Intuit quickbooks and everything communicates.. I can see sales from website and store in one location.

Does anyone have any experience with this. I am trying to make this easiest for my girlfriend. I am tech savy but she isnt.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Harold Mansfield
05-04-2016, 03:39 PM
So you need sales and inventory tracked across both the POS and online store so that it's just one seemless commerce system. Is that correct?

ElevateMedia
05-05-2016, 06:24 PM
I would use shopify its a great platform and make life a lot easier

yoligrana
06-21-2016, 08:06 AM
I would use any of the e-commerce platforms out there, it doesn't matter, but take the best advice in matter of design and user experience so your e-store will convert visitors into customers.

LarsJ
06-27-2016, 09:46 PM
wpeasycart.com has a one-time fee which can save you a small fortune every year. $80 x 12 months is $960... Your merchant account could have quickbooks integrations as well, I know ours does. (A badly designed website will mean every day could be a lost opportunity; hurting your business & sales.)

WordPress eCommerce Shopping Cart Plugin Comparison (http://www.wpeasycart.com/wordpress-shopping-cart-comparison/)

GroupISO
07-11-2016, 02:16 PM
I would use shopify its a great platform and make life a lot easier

Shopify is definitely a potential good solution. You may want to check out ShopKeep as well.

Allevi8 Marketing
07-11-2016, 02:25 PM
WooCommerce extension on Wordpress is a great system. It is a free plug in and you can integrate payments through paypal as well.

AndrewLockman
07-11-2016, 06:35 PM
I also recommend Shopify for any site but you already have a WordPress installation WooCommerce will be easy to integrate. How will you generate the product images? Floral shops really have to have killer visuals.

journalist55
03-02-2022, 10:30 AM
Hello! You can also check out sites such as Wordpress and Wix to create your own website yourself! Both of these sites are free unless you would like to upgrade your account! You can save money and customize your website yourself!