PDA

View Full Version : New blog. No bells and whistles, Just content.

Harold Mansfield
07-15-2009, 07:59 PM
I know it seems like every week or 2 I have something new, but this is actually a revamped blog that I had during the 2008 Election season, although gaining in popularity, I couldn't keep up with it at the time. Wrong theme, wasn't crazy about the domain, and the content was also too broad to post interesting content regularly.

But since I stopped updating the old one, I truly missed blogging about politics. It's the one thing I really enjoy arguing about.

Now that I have things a little more simplified, and can move a little faster I can keep up with it , along with my other blogs without a problem.

I wanted it to be simpler, one post a day, and more targeted to my one sided political views.:)
It's pretty plain.

It's also one last shot at adsense, and an experiment to see if I can gain links and PR naturally...no directories, or link exchanges. Just social bookmarking and twitter.

The link (http://www.johnqpundit.com)

vangogh
07-16-2009, 12:08 AM
What the? Didn't you just post a site for review about 2 weeks ago? :) Sorry I couldn't resist.

Don't sell it short. There's definitely some design going on and it looks good.

Your writing is good. Obviously given the topic about half the people here will love what you have to say and the other half will hate it. That's politics for you. I went ahead and subscribed. I read the two most recent posts. I can deal with one post a day.

It'll be interesting to see how your experiment works. I don't see any reason why you can't submit to a few political directories and even a few general ones, but it'll be interesting to see how the site does without engaging active link building and solely promotion through social channels. I suspect it will do just as well since it's more the low quality links you'd be ignoring.

Harold Mansfield
07-16-2009, 12:18 AM
Your writing is good. Obviously given the topic about half the people here will love what you have to say and the other half will hate it. That's politics for you. .

Yeah, you either get an "atta boy" or you're an idiot, kool-aide drinking, Pelosi Puppet, waiting for a hand out for not believing the way someone else does.

That's why I love it. I turns grown people into kids on a playground repeating to each other,
"I know I am but what are you ?"

vangogh
07-16-2009, 12:32 AM
It can be humorous to watch people argue politics. You know neither side is going to convince the other since they come to the table with so many pre-conceived ideas, but people get so emotionally charged talking politics. It's never simply agreeing with one side. You almost have to think the other side are a bunch of idiots if you want to play.

billbenson
07-16-2009, 03:23 AM
I have a number of political domains. If I ever get time, I want to start a network of controversial sites. Tripped over a good name for a Palin site so I registered it the other day. I'm hoping she runs for pres. The site could either be pro or con.

vangogh
07-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Funny how you're rooting for her presidential run not for any political reasons, but because it raises the value of your domains.

Assuming she does run you probably want to think about what to do with the domains the moment you hear so you have something of value when the time is right.

KristineS
07-16-2009, 12:51 PM
It's a good site, and I imagine if you and I talked politics we'd agree on most things.

One small point, which I only noticed because I happen to watch these two guys regularly. It Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. Both the names are misspelled on your blogroll.

Harold Mansfield
07-16-2009, 01:42 PM
It's a good site, and I imagine if you and I talked politics we'd agree on most things.

One small point, which I only noticed because I happen to watch these two guys regularly. It Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. Both the names are misspelled on your blogroll.

DOH ! Corrected, thanks. So much for my proof reading skills.:o

Harold Mansfield
07-16-2009, 01:45 PM
I have a number of political domains. If I ever get time, I want to start a network of controversial sites. Tripped over a good name for a Palin site so I registered it the other day. I'm hoping she runs for pres. The site could either be pro or con.

She is one of the main reasons that I got a fire under my but to get it going again. Once I saw that she was gearing up for something, I considered it my patriotic duty to be a part of the "One sided, Liberal, gotcha media" that she loves so well.

Like her or not, she was good for traffic. People love reading about her on both sides.

Business Attorney
07-17-2009, 01:45 AM
atta boy...