PDA

View Full Version : Introducing ResnoHost

rezzy
07-14-2009, 08:38 AM
Hello guys,

I am working on a new site to debut my hosting side. I know you were expecting a link, but its not completed yet :rolleyes: I wanted preview it to you guys first before anyone can see.

This new site will one of biggest endeavors every! I have done alot of fun geek things in the background that few will care about. But it has been a great learning experience.

vangogh
07-14-2009, 11:22 AM
Let us know when there's something to look at. I've been waning to see what you would come up with. I know the feeling of working on something larger than usual. It can be tiring and frustrating, but also very rewarding, especially when you finally finish.

Post a link when you're ready. Looking forward to it.

rezzy
07-20-2009, 03:32 PM
I have an early demo available.

Steve, I ll give you the sign on info. For everyone else, if you are interested in taking a sneak peek of my site. PM and Ill send it your way.

rezzy
07-22-2009, 12:40 AM
Hey Steve,

I guess Ill spill the beans on whats made this site interesting for me. Over the past couple weeks I have creating my own xml based CMS. I really envinsioned to help when creating sites, make the template once and then add the content.

I was talking with some friends about a project and I thought a CMS would be cool. I was thinking about making it mysql based, but this one has taken off so well, in my mind. I couldnt see scraping the code in favor of a mysql database. I can see this project going there at some point, but this allows a more agile methodology, not needing the database.

vangogh
07-22-2009, 10:53 AM
Oh interesting. I would think it would be quicker to grab from an xml file than from a database. Do you have an idea how well it will scale? If you want to share the CMS I'll be happy to take a look.

rezzy
07-22-2009, 04:21 PM
My thought was xml would be easier and quicker to access then a database.

I have not really thought about scalability and efficiency testing yet.

The cms has no backend at the moment and the code is not ready as a public cms per say. There are alot of things I do for this site, that would need to be more automatable, instead of requiring a person to create a for loop or something.

I intend to roll out for a few clients projects, as it will make updates easier to mange. I intend to make this a really simple and intuitive cms.

Joomla and Wordpress are too bloated for some small business sites.

vangogh
07-22-2009, 04:32 PM
I was thinking your solution might make for a lightweight CMS for sites that don't need the extras of systems like Joomla and WP.

rezzy
07-23-2009, 10:11 AM
True, which is why I really like the concept. It will have a low learning curve (at least in my eyes) when compared to WP or most any other CMS and simple to install, update, etc.

Ill let you get a peek at behind the scences once it gets fleshed out more. Maybe actaully release it to the public at some point... who knows?

vangogh
07-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Yeah, let me know when it's ready to look at. I'll be happy to test it for you.