PDA

View Full Version : Instagram

StreamateJobs
03-11-2016, 12:02 PM
Who here uses instagram?

I am pretty new to it, but it seems rather straight forward.

I feel like this is a great avenue for marketing as long as you "stay in your lane" with hashtags.

Harold Mansfield
03-11-2016, 12:17 PM
Who here uses instagram?

I am pretty new to it, but it seems rather straight forward.

I feel like this is a great avenue for marketing as long as you "stay in your lane" with hashtags.
I think if you have a lot of great visuals, that's where you want to be.

StreamateJobs
03-11-2016, 12:28 PM
Yeah, we use a t5i and picasa editor so we can do some cool stuff!

It's just a matter of getting good, organic followers, gaining their attention and then marketing.

KristineS
03-11-2016, 01:58 PM
Instagram is like any other social media platform, if your audience is there, and if you can create the type of the material that works for the platform, it's a good place to be. We don't use it much because most of our customers aren't there for business reasons.

Multimediatech
03-14-2016, 03:26 AM
You may need to re-evaluate what social media marketing is really about. What's the point of nice looking if it doesn't becomes a sale? Nothing against it, just know there is a lot of buzz about it but the reality is mostly those social media companies are the one making the $ not the zoombie posters

Harold Mansfield
03-14-2016, 11:04 AM
You may need to re-evaluate what social media marketing is really about. What's the point of nice looking if it doesn't becomes a sale? Nothing against it, just know there is a lot of buzz about it but the reality is mostly those social media companies are the one making the $ not the zoombie posters

Social Media was never promised to be a free sales catalog for businesses. Anyone who looks at it with disappointment because it doesn't solve all of their marketing problems had unrealistic expectations to begin with. The goal of every platform is to build users first. Business tools come second.

Yes, many of them make money. Why shouldn't they? Don't you make money in your business? It costs money to build and run these things that we get to use for free. In most cases hundreds of millions. Surely they aren't expected to incur that debt and provide free things out of the goodness of their hearts.

A lot of businesses leverage it well to brand themselves, promote products, and even increase sales, but it's part of a online marketing strategy, not the whole thing.

Whether or not you can leverage social media successfully has less to do with the platforms and more to do with the person using them and how well they understand each platform, their target market and marketing online overall.