PDA

View Full Version : Getting interaction from your FB followers/likes

FireFly
02-25-2016, 02:56 PM
So, currently, I have 717 likes on my business page.

My question is, how do you engage users to like/share your content?

I don't post products every day, I usually do that about once a week. Is there a good source of general news/funnies/etc to post on your page that is engaging?

I know facebook doesn't blast your content out right away (it trickles to some users) so unless paid, it's hard to get good engagement.

thoughts?

Harold Mansfield
02-25-2016, 03:21 PM
Engagement on Facebook sucks since they changed the algorithm. If you didn't have it before, it's really hard now. I actually get more traction out of Twitter these days, but I do still post to Facebook for a few core past and current clients that do read the articles that I post.

As for where I get the content, it's a combination of my own blog posts, consulting, and content from the 3k or so people that I follow, blogs, industry publications, podcasts and news sources that I watch or listen to, get alerts from or read every single day.

FireFly
02-25-2016, 03:27 PM
Dang, this is a pretty old Facebook account, too.

I have never really used twitter but it's active with 326 followers. Is it just about the same premise as facebook? In that I mean, do you basically do the same thing, but with hash tags?

turboguy
02-25-2016, 03:35 PM
I could never get into Twitter either. It just seems like a total waste. They send me some tweets that are garbage and it seems like a waste of time for me to post there. I may be far behind some of you in activity on Facebook but at least it seems worthwhile to me. It is probably just me but I haven't even logged into my Twitter account in months.

Harold Mansfield
02-25-2016, 04:06 PM
Dang, this is a pretty old Facebook account, too.

I have never really used twitter but it's active with 326 followers. Is it just about the same premise as facebook? In that I mean, do you basically do the same thing, but with hash tags?

Twitter is a little different than Facebook. A lot busier, a lot more people all shouting look at me, and a lot harder to create posts that don't just blend in with the rest of the spam. There's more to it, but it's definitely not like Facebook with hashtags. The entire culture is different.

It would take days to explain Twitter and it still won't be enough, but I'll quickly share how I use it:

I have 2 "business" accounts and one just for fun account. My fun account used to be a for a music blog that I used to run and it is what I use to roast politicians, call out bad companies, crack jokes, and participate in hashtags from TV shows and such. I also still use it for music, and music industry people still follow me on it, but it's not the main focus anymore.

One of the 2 "business" accounts one is me personally. It's my name as a professional. It's where I promote my stuff and talk about the business.
Another is for a completely separate endeavor and I post industry related things to that one.

You want to follow influential people and media outlets. Share their stuff and they'll share yours if it's any good or of value to their followers.
Occasionally I'll get Twitter traffic to a new blog post, but that's not my reason for being there.

Twitter for business works best for people who have a lot of visibility in their field or produce great original content. It's not that great for the average Joe who is looking for traffic. It's about influence. Don't waste time just following every marketer and social media "expert". People who are important to your cause follow you based on what you post, who you are, who you follow, who they know that follows you, and what else you have going on outside of Twitter.

Like I said, it's a whole different thing than Facebook, but it's incredibly useful for keeping up with industry and niche news.

Annabelle Smyth
03-14-2016, 12:00 PM
Having a well established brand or company really helps build followers and get likes, etc. However, many companies that are still fairly well known just don't post often to Facebook or other social media, and as such have a very limited engagement/following.

Youltorbed
04-08-2016, 11:10 AM
You need to post more often, because most likely few posts won't "reach" as many people as you need, if you keep an eye on the Trending page you might be inspired to make your own viral post.

dewmyth
09-13-2016, 03:02 PM
There are a few things you can do to try and get a couple more clicks of that like button on your Facebook page. It seems like you're saying you only post your products about once a week, but that all sounds like trying to get your visitors to buy something you offer, rather than giving them anything in return. If the only thing you post about on Facebook is your own products, people are going to have a bad time on your page. Keep these things in mind:

Offer people something they want with your posts, because people will be more tempted to like your page if they're going to get something out of seeing your posts on their feed all the time. What kind of discounts and free things can you offer your visitors?

Post engaging content a couple times a week from popular news sites and blogs. It's even better if you can find relevant engaging content, something related to your business industry. Just google popular blogs in your industry (who aren't competitors!) to find some places to pull + push content from.

Make people laugh! Posting industry-related memes are great because they remind people what you do while putting a smile on their face. Don't overdo it with the memes and jokes though, because then your visitor's feeds will become over-saturated and they'll get annoyed and unlike your page.

adamxtubeage
09-15-2016, 01:05 PM
Use social media for brand promotion atfirst not for getting traffic. If you use FB then want more engagement you have to use their page promotion which requires you to invest $5-$10 daily and you have to know your targeted audience and promote your page on those audience base after you have some good likes you can see some good engagement as all your followers are targeted and they will share your content if they like it which makes your post viral but be patience it takes time on FB. Funny memes and pics works like a charm on FB try that. You have to post every 10-15 mins to get a good engagement ratio as people has many options on FB they didn't rely on your post so you have to rely on them to get engagement.

For twitter use hashtags go to sites like ritetags.com and see how many viewers are there on your preffered hashtag. Start posting good unique content using those hashtags very soon you will see a daily growing followers and engagement (like,retweet etc). In my case i have automated everything my Twitter as well as FB on every 5 mins and i am now getting 5-10 new likes on FB and Twitter and almost all my tweets are retweeted by my followers. (I am using funny niche hashtags #lol #funny etc) all this within 15 days started although this is my brand new site (based on humor) its started getting 200-500 UV's per days and 800-1000 pageviews (all from this 2 social networks)

Let me know if you have any queries regarding this i will be happy to help you :)

alyssa.redkite
10-06-2016, 03:27 AM
I think consistency is key here. I'm trying to market on Facebook as well and, though it's a slow process, we're getting there. Don't expect your post to blow up overnight and just keep at it. Be bizarre and weird sometimes and pose a thought provoking question.

Krystsina
10-08-2016, 03:09 PM
In order to get interaction from your Facebook followers, you should create such content that they will find interesting to like or share. It is difficult to give you concrete examples as you didn't provide the information what kind of a product you have, but I will fine an example of a random business to give an idea of what I mean to say. Let's say, you sell kitchen gadgets to improve the functionality of people's kitchen. Then, apart from posting pictures of products and the information about them, you could also share some design ideas how these gadgets can suit the interior of a kitchen, as well as some recipes of interesting dishes that could be cooked using these gadgets. This way, people will be eager to share such content with their friends or just to post it on their pages to save the ideas for the future. I hope this example explains the way you could think of promoting your products and business in common.