PDA

View Full Version : One comment here changed my life...

trunker
02-24-2016, 12:07 AM
I have not been active on these forums for a while but I wanted to say a few things. This comment is directed at someone in particular, Harold Mansfield. Don’t worry it’s nothing bad!

A while back, maybe a year and a half ago I was trying to sell a product that I made through Ecommerce. I did make some money but it ended up being too much, over complicated and exhausting. I was seeking help on these forums and I got a lot of feedback. All honest, positive and helpful from many people.

One of, well several of the comments were from Harold Mansfield. Harold told me in the nicest way that my website was not up to par (looking back it was a joke) and what I needed to do to get things going in a different direction. Harold gave me some resources to learn from and some professional advice.

I really put a lot of thought into what he said and learned a lot about websites, SEO, keyword research and content creation. I decided to drop what I was doing and to try and build out some sites for profit. A year and a half later I am making a full time income that grows significantly every month.

Long story short Harold’s comments were the catalyst that got me started on the right track. I am in a profitable business that I love, enjoy doing and know can be scaled easily to whatever level I want.

I wanted to thank Harold and the others that helped me. You never know how you may affect someone else’s life by doing the smallest thing, like leaving a comment in this forum.

carloborja
02-24-2016, 04:08 AM
Really fantastic to hear that.

This is why honest and sincere communities are important. It gives you feedback you really need. Helps you succeed too.

@Harold, great job :)

vangogh
02-24-2016, 09:58 AM
Great to hear. Knowing Harold I can imagine the specifics of what he said. I'm sure he'll be happy to know he was able to help you. We try to be honest here without making it personal and mostly do our best to help anybody who asks for the help. Great job Harold.

Give yourself a lot of credit too. We can supply advice, but it's up to you to decide to accept it and then act on it. You deserve credit for taking action and for understanding that if you put in the effort, you can create a successful business. Great job for you as well, trunker.

Harold Mansfield
02-24-2016, 12:12 PM
I have not been active on these forums for a while but I wanted to say a few things. This comment is directed at someone in particular, Harold Mansfield. Don’t worry it’s nothing bad!

A while back, maybe a year and a half ago I was trying to sell a product that I made through Ecommerce. I did make some money but it ended up being too much, over complicated and exhausting. I was seeking help on these forums and I got a lot of feedback. All honest, positive and helpful from many people.

One of, well several of the comments were from Harold Mansfield. Harold told me in the nicest way that my website was not up to par (looking back it was a joke) and what I needed to do to get things going in a different direction. Harold gave me some resources to learn from and some professional advice.

I really put a lot of thought into what he said and learned a lot about websites, SEO, keyword research and content creation. I decided to drop what I was doing and to try and build out some sites for profit. A year and a half later I am making a full time income that grows significantly every month.

Long story short Harold’s comments were the catalyst that got me started on the right track. I am in a profitable business that I love, enjoy doing and know can be scaled easily to whatever level I want.

I wanted to thank Harold and the others that helped me. You never know how you may affect someone else’s life by doing the smallest thing, like leaving a comment in this forum.

That's awesome! Kind of made me tear up a little too :). I'm really glad you were able to get some solid advice here that lead you in the right direction. It's really one of the reasons I love this forum, because you get a wide range of advice and opinions from different people, in different businesses, at different levels, and it all compliments each other.

I learned and continue to learn from forums so I know how powerful it can be to just be able to talk things out and get different perspectives.

Glad to hear things are going well and thanks for the kind words, but as VG pointed out give yourself a pat on the back because you're the one who went the extra miles to do some investigation and learn about what you wanted to do. That deserves far more kudos because that's really the hard part.

Quick question, are you still making the trunks? From what I remember you did some really nice work on them.

Bobjob
02-24-2016, 03:41 PM

Nice try Harold! We know this "trunker" is you. Just kidding! :)

Congratulations on your success trunker and Harold for the words of wisdom. I agree with Vangogh, that you should credit yourself as well.

trunker
02-25-2016, 10:38 AM
That's awesome! Kind of made me tear up a little too :). I'm really glad you were able to get some solid advice here that lead you in the right direction. It's really one of the reasons I love this forum, because you get a wide range of advice and opinions from different people, in different businesses, at different levels, and it all compliments each other.

I learned and continue to learn from forums so I know how powerful it can be to just be able to talk things out and get different perspectives.

Glad to hear things are going well and thanks for the kind words, but as VG pointed out give yourself a pat on the back because you're the one who went the extra miles to do some investigation and learn about what you wanted to do. That deserves far more kudos because that's really the hard part.

Quick question, are you still making the trunks? From what I remember you did some really nice work on them.

These forums are invaluable and chalked full of great real world experience from so many interesting people. It is nice to have something in common with so many people in a world/country that that seems so divided at times.
I do give myself credit but you as well as many others really helped steer me down the road a bit when I didn’t know which way to go. Really helped more than you can imagine!

I still do trunks here and there at times, more like a side hobby business. I ended up building trunks from scratch and I did do ok but I didn’t love the business like I needed. I have learned that money can’t be your motivator, you have to love it.
I do love building websites, I love the challenge of ranking #1 on google and I love the planning and development of the sites. Content creation can be a downer at times due to the sheer volume I have to produce but I can’t love everything.

trunker
02-25-2016, 10:41 AM
LOL... Thank you Bobjob! I appreciate the congrads!

trunker
02-25-2016, 10:47 AM
Great to hear. Knowing Harold I can imagine the specifics of what he said. I'm sure he'll be happy to know he was able to help you. We try to be honest here without making it personal and mostly do our best to help anybody who asks for the help. Great job Harold.

Give yourself a lot of credit too. We can supply advice, but it's up to you to decide to accept it and then act on it. You deserve credit for taking action and for understanding that if you put in the effort, you can create a successful business. Great job for you as well, trunker.

Thank you Vangogh, you are always willing to lend a ear to anyone! I love the success but it is a bit scary at times being 100% self employed but I wouldn't want it any other way.

Paul
02-25-2016, 11:53 AM
That is the kind of success story everyone loves to hear. It's very thoughtful of you to circle back to acknowledge Harold and the others that you felt were helpful. It is a terrific forum that I am sure has helped quite a few.

Fulcrum
02-25-2016, 04:30 PM
This if off topic, but those are some gorgeous trunks.

trunker
02-26-2016, 09:12 AM
This if off topic, but those are some gorgeous trunks.

Thank you Fulcrum!

KristineS
02-26-2016, 11:40 AM
Love this post. There is so much good information and there are so many helpful people here, it's nice to see that acknowledged.

NotHere
02-26-2016, 07:22 PM
That's a very good story and I loved reading it. I hope that somebody inspires my direction like that as well. I appreciate the success story!