PDA

View Full Version : Greetings From Austin, Texas

BobOlmstead
02-18-2016, 03:25 PM
Hello All!

In fall of last year, I launched a brand development practice specializing in purpose-driven brand development for small businesses, family owned enterprises and social enterprises. This is my third company over the last (17) years. Ive had my own managemet consulting practice for about (12) years and before that, I owned an ad agency specializing in the retail luxury goods sector.

On the side, I have also been very active in the performing arts over the last decade. I have produced and directed two short films and one play. All three were successful to various degrees, in spite of the fact Im relatively new to that world. I have also extensively studied improv and have performed on stage. All of these creative outlets greatly enhance my skills in brand development, to include my work in branded filmmaking.

Look forward to being of service!

vangogh
02-18-2016, 03:51 PM
Welcome to the forum Bob. Sounds like you have some good experience being an entrepreneur. I've started multiple businesses myself over the years, with different levels of success. I also have a connection to the art world, though I'm more of a behind the scenes person than someone who enjoys being in front of the camera. I like to write and draw and I'm learning how to take better photographs.

Looking forward to getting to know you and thanks for joining the community.

BobOlmstead
02-19-2016, 11:23 AM
Given your name and profile pic, yes, I would have to say that you are indeed passionate about the arts! I look forward to checking out your various IPs.

Thanks for the welcome ;-)

BobOlmstead
02-19-2016, 11:26 AM
Also, any insight on what it takes to get my profile pic to show up? LOL

vangogh
02-19-2016, 12:08 PM
I answered your question about your pic in the thread you started about it. You need to add an avatar. Look a few links down from where you added a profile pic. You'll see Edit Avatar. Add an image there and it will show up when you post.

David Hunter
02-22-2016, 11:58 AM
Welcome, Bob!