PDA

View Full Version : pls kindly review my coloed ball chain website

kim2009
07-09-2009, 07:04 PM
hello all,

this is kim, i work as a salewomen in a colorful ball chain factory.
now i am running a colored ball chain business online.

maybe you can give some feedback about our website: www.xmchuhao.com

waiting for your kind suggestion,thanks:)

vangogh
07-10-2009, 12:32 AM
I mentioned it quickly in your intro thread, but I'll say it again. My first impression is the site looks nice. It's a clean and professional looking design. It's not necessarily the most exciting design, but I'm not sure it has to be.

One thing I notice is the thumbnail images are taking a long time to load. I'm guessing that the full size images are actually loading and the code is just displaying them at the smaller size. I'd recommend creating new smaller images for the thumbnails so the pages load faster.

On the individual product pages I'd also recommend using smaller images. I think it would be better to have the product descriptions appear higher on the page. More like you have it on the home page. You could use a smaller image that opens to a bigger image when you click it.

Speaking of the product descriptions, I realize English probably isn't your native language, but the copy on the descriptions sometimes doesn't make sense. Even when it does there's not a lot of it there. It might be a good idea to have someone more fluent in English translate the original copy and I think it would also be a good idea to add more copy. Instead of just listing the basic features tell me why I'd want to buy your products. What benefit will they add to my life? Give me something more than an image and a couple of quick facts.

The site is easy to navigate. I can find my way around well and the site search seems to work pretty good. I'm confused about what the "friendly link/more link" does, though.

Hope that helps.

dwiads
07-12-2009, 04:21 AM
What i see, your website is good. Just like Vangogh said it is clean and look professional.
In SEO point of view, you need url friendly. Also as ecommerce site, I believe you need to explain more about your product. This is important for your visitors and search engine.