PDA

View Full Version : What If Someone From This Site Became Super Rich Or A Rich Person Joined?

Owen
02-10-2016, 10:08 PM
Just a thought, let's say, for example, I go on within the next 5 years and start a huge company that gets me to billionaire status. Or maybe Harold's business somehow hits billions. What would happen then?

What if like, for example, Mark Zuckerberg joined the site and started answering questions actively. What would you guys do?

Harold Mansfield
02-10-2016, 11:37 PM
Just a thought, let's say, for example, I go on within the next 5 years and start a huge company that gets me to billionaire status. Or maybe Harold's business somehow hits billions. What would happen then?

What if like, for example, Mark Zuckerberg joined the site and started answering questions actively. What would you guys do?

We have a wide variety of members here at all different economic levels. "Rich" doesn't always mean famous.

Also, it only takes an average income of $125k a year to be in the top 15% of all Americans.
$150k a year and you're in the top 10%.
$400k a year, and you're in the top 1%.
How close are you to the top 1%? - CNNMoney
(http://money.cnn.com/calculator/pf/income-rank/)
However, I do appreciate your confidence in me:)

vangogh
02-11-2016, 01:17 AM
I suppose the person who became rich would be happy with their financial situation. Hopefully everyone here becomes as rich as they want to be.

KristineS
02-11-2016, 10:59 AM
There are a lot of people out there who would be considered well to do if not actively wealthy, and I see them helping people and sharing knowledge all the time. Don't forget, connections are another form of wealth in the business world. Sharing what you know and forming relationships can be of huge value.

As for the original question - if someone here did really well, I imagine they'd still be here answering questions and contributing. Hopefully the others on the forum would take advantage of the opportunity to ask questions.

Bobjob
02-17-2016, 10:54 AM
Yeah, "rich" is relative.

If Zuckerberg joined the site I'd do the wise thing - go the Kanye West route and ask him for a billion dollars. :)

Honestly my first question to them would be why they chose to join this site.

Harold Mansfield
02-17-2016, 12:21 PM
Honestly my first question to them would be why they chose to join this site.

Maybe to lend their help and expertise to others just starting out?
To get different perspectives and keep that fresh, scrappy "start up" mentality?

It's very easy to get caught up in your own bubble. Smart CEO's come down out of the clouds every now and then and talk to the people on the ground floor to find out what's really happening in the market.

..and then the people start acting like idiots the way people do when they are around others who have a disgusting amount of wealth (or are on TV), and they retreat back into the clouds where it's safer.

JMO

Paul
02-17-2016, 06:47 PM
How do you know somebody super rich isn't already on here? (not me unfortuneatly). You might actually be dissapointed that their comments and advice are similar to those that are already being posted here.

turboguy
02-17-2016, 11:21 PM
If I suddenly became a billionaire I doubt I would do much different. A couple of years ago my wife and I were sitting on the couch watching the news and they were talking about the powerball being the biggest ever (that one was around a half billion +/-). We asked each other what we would do if we won it. The only thing we could come up with was to put a new roof on the factory. We did get that done last year anyway. I really have no desire for a 10 million dollar house. There is just the two of us and you would have to have a staff and I like the privacy. If I was still Owen's age I might buy a fleet of sports cars but at this point in my life I am quite happy to drive my pickup with 205,000 miles but do plan a new one for this fall anyway. I have seen most of the world so travel isn't important for me. I can't think of a thing i would do if I had suddenly had a billion. I don't see my business growing that big that fast and the odds of me winning the powerball aren't good since I don't buy a ticket.

FireFly
02-22-2016, 01:26 PM
If I became extremely wealthy and it had to do because of this website, I would definitely not forget those who helped me. Always pay it forward.

ChiefDesignStudios.com
02-25-2016, 10:26 AM
I don't think it's far fetched to think about this happening. I'm sure there are successful people here that make more than 200K yr. other than myself. I'm personally here to help fuel people new to the industry to make great choices in their start. I'm here because if I'm able to help fuel someone's innovation than it benefits everyone. Changes to the industry have brought on many options to make money online today and is the reason why we can offer services like CGI, Flash and Java coding, web design, are able to spend and transfer money like we can today, and many others. Without helping others we fall short of the progress of technology and invention.

Being able to share incite and information is key when teaching yourself outside of a traditional setting like College which a lot of others can't always afford. So I hope to help give others a reason to say "I CAN do this" instead of "I can't because I can't because I can't afford it"

For me, forums like this are the spark of innovation. To simply be a part of something great is where you can put those bookmarks in your life.

W.G.
C.O.O.
ChiefDesignStudios

trunker
02-25-2016, 11:45 AM
If I was a billionaire I would never tell people who I really am because it would ruin the forum. It would draw a crowd and dilute the purpose of what everyone does here, help others. I am sure that we all have seen blog comments, threads, posts or different things written by the very wealthy and have never known it. One could very well be here! The forum will never make you rich, in the end it is all up to you! I would never expect anything in return for advice given here except maybe a thank you.

OhioDude
03-06-2016, 08:11 AM
I don't think the 1% gang needs to read this forum. They got there from not sitting behind a monitor half the day, they succeed because they are relentless, focused and driven people. Since I'm never going to be that type of person, I am here to see if I can support my family doing something I enjoy one day without living on bread and water. :D

BNB
03-09-2016, 02:20 PM
I don't think the 1% gang needs to read this forum. They got there from not sitting behind a monitor half the day, they succeed because they are relentless, focused and driven people. Since I'm never going to be that type of person, I am here to see if I can support my family doing something I enjoy one day without living on bread and water. :D

:( Does this mean I should leave?

Personally, I come here because I like to share my knowledge with others who have an entrepreneurial spirit. A little hope that I can help those who are still working their way through the process.

Harold Mansfield
03-09-2016, 02:44 PM

Average income in the US is around $50k a year. It doesn't take millions to be a 1%'er. $200k a year and you're in the top 5%. $400k a year and you're a 1%'er.
How close are you to the top 1%? - CNNMoney (http://money.cnn.com/calculator/pf/income-rank/)

tallen
03-09-2016, 03:22 PM
Household income is one way to look at it, the other of course being net worth....

OhioDude
03-09-2016, 08:46 PM
:( Does this mean I should leave?

Personally, I come here because I like to share my knowledge with others who have an entrepreneurial spirit. A little hope that I can help those who are still working their way through the process.

Then I stand corrected. Thank you. Listen, I'm new here and I have no idea who's who, or how financially set anyone is. I'm here for knowledge and discussing business practices with others. But mostly, learning.... so I've been scolded a few times already around the boards. It's interesting how people keep others in check and I like that. Anyway, the structure seems good and I hope to learn a lot in time. With that said I'll humble myself and go back to listening mode for a while. :) Hey, I'm married so I'm use to that. lol!

BNB
03-10-2016, 08:48 AM
Then I stand corrected. Thank you. Listen, I'm new here and I have no idea who's who, or how financially set anyone is. I'm here for knowledge and discussing business practices with others. But mostly, learning.... so I've been scolded a few times already around the boards. It's interesting how people keep others in check and I like that. Anyway, the structure seems good and I hope to learn a lot in time. With that said I'll humble myself and go back to listening mode for a while. :) Hey, I'm married so I'm use to that. lol!

Don't just listen, ask questions, start discussions on things that interest you and can help you.