PDA

View Full Version : giftcards

Apter1315
02-05-2016, 12:43 PM
on my website I want to add giftcards how does that work? is that something I do or does my merchant? I don't understand how it will work? please help!

Harold Mansfield
02-05-2016, 01:18 PM
How do you want to do it?
Digital gift cards that can be emailed and redeemed online only, or do you want to issue physical cards?
Also, what ecommerce software and credit card processor are you using?

vangogh
02-05-2016, 04:26 PM
In your other thread you mentioned you've hired a web designer to build you a site. Is there a reason you aren't asking your web designer this question and the one from your other thread about hosting and a merchant account. These are pretty basic questions that are easily answered. We can't answer them though, because we don't know the details of your site.

Most ecommerce solutions I've seen offer some kind of gift card or discount functionality. Both you and your web designer should know what ecommerce solution you're going to use. I'd suggest looking through the actual ecommerce part of your site or consulting their documentation. If your web designer is building a custom solution then you'll need to ask your web designer for the information.

RayKing
02-29-2016, 02:00 PM
Some gift card companies have api's that can be installed by your web developer. Also Square has gift cards available for their POS and can be used in your square marketplace page.