PDA

View Full Version : [Good Read] The best SEO article I've read in a long while

Harold Mansfield
01-29-2016, 07:01 PM
Sometimes even I struggle explaining all the different aspects of SEO to people. On the one hand if you tell them too much they zone out and don't hear any of it. On the other if you only tell them the basics they think that's all they need to do. And most people expect to get the entire low down in one conversation. It's impossible.

This article by Cyrus Shepard posted yesterday does a great job of giving one good, concrete tip, and instructions on how to implement it that everyone who keeps asking "how do I get more (whatever)...?" needs to read.

It's not a magic pill, nor does it automatically make you a great copywriter, designer or informed about what you're writing about. But if you at least have a grasp on some of those things, this is your next step.

Solid advice that starts out with dispelling one of the great, vague, incomplete SEO messages of the last few years.

The beauty of SEO is that, instead of pushing a marketing message onto folks who don’t want to hear what you have to say, you can reverse-engineer the process to discover exactly what people are looking for, create the right content for it, and appear before them at exactly the moment they are looking for it. It’s pull vs. push.
Works like magic. Customers come to you.

Let’s begin this process by telling a lie.

“Content is king.”

Bull hockey. The king doesn’t rule jack squat. A truer statement is this: If content is king, then the user is queen, and she rules the universe. Let’s say that again, because this is important.

“The user is queen, and she rules the universe.”

Google only cares about your content inasmuch as it answers the user’s search query. Search results are not a collection of “good” content; they are a ranked list of content that best satisfies what the user is looking for.

Read the full article here. Actually, you should bookmark it
https://moz.com/blog/single-best-seo-tip-for-improved-web-traffic

Brian Altenhofel
01-29-2016, 08:37 PM
Moz always has good articles. :)

vangogh
01-29-2016, 09:18 PM
Funny. I almost posted the exact same article. I saw it yesterday and my first thought was that it would be something good to mention here. You even grabbed the same paragraph I was going to grab. Great minds think alike :)

And yes, it's a good article if SEO confuses you. It should add some perspective and it also provides some good how to information.

dewalds86
02-03-2016, 05:37 AM
It is a very good article indeed with easy to follow steps.

nealrm
05-15-2016, 12:44 PM
I like the quote that the user is Queen. It puts the perspective back on the user.