PDA

View Full Version : How much is petrol

BlackCrystal
01-28-2016, 12:55 AM
What is the price of a liter of gasoline in your city?

Fulcrum
01-28-2016, 07:52 AM
$0.90/L here (Canada) for regular and diesel isn't too far off that.

turboguy
01-28-2016, 08:48 AM
We are about 50-53 cents a liter here. If I go 15 minutes west and cross the state line it is more in the 42 cent range. A week from today I start a 3 day cross country drive and will get to see how the prices vary between Pennsylvania and California. I have a feeling it will be cheaper most everywhere than we are here except for California.

CCAdamson
01-28-2016, 09:10 AM
Right now in North Central Pennsylvania it is $1.99/gallon (If I did my math right, that is about $0.52 a liter)

turboguy
01-28-2016, 11:41 AM
Our math came out about the same CC. I am in Pennsylvania as well but the western part. Our gas is ranging from $ 1.88 a gallon to $ 2.09 with 80% of the stations at $ 1.99. If I cross over into Ohio I see it as low as $ 1.69. I always assumed our gas was higher because of taxes. I happened to read something a while back and it said it was where our gas comes from and where it is refined and since the OP is from Russia I will mention that according to the article where our gas comes from is Russia.

Bobjob
01-28-2016, 11:44 AM
$1.60 a gallon in southern Alabama. Diesel is about $2.00

Brian Altenhofel
01-28-2016, 12:26 PM
$1.43/gal for E10 octane 87, $1.59/gal for non-ethanol octane 87, $1.89/gal for non-ethanol octane 91.

CNG is $0.39-$0.89-$1.39/gge (gasoline gallon equivalent). The high price is at stations with little to no local competition and felt no pressure to reduce their prices after the CNG fueling station federal subsidy was reinstated. The middle price is about market in areas with competition. The lower price is a temporary price by stations in those area that claim to believe that the check that Uncle Sam cut to fueling stations at the end of last year to make up for the subsidy expiration that drove prices up was a wrong use of taxpayer money; most of those stations say they are lowering their price by $0.50 until their check is paid back to taxpayers in the form of savings at the CNG pump. (Really, though, they know they can more than make up the difference with sales of candy, coke, and other convenience store items.)

CCAdamson
01-28-2016, 01:03 PM
I grew up in South Western PA, moved a bit further northeast a couple years ago. PA is a notoriously high tax state, no NY or CA but still high. I think there was a proposed gas tax bill from the new governor too. Who knows, prices are dropping rapidly in other places form the sounds of it but we are still hovering around that $2 mark.

turboguy
01-28-2016, 01:33 PM
I would not be surprised if a lot of the states see the low gas prices as a good time to raise taxes. Here in particular. I thought our Governor might be a good one but at this point in time he seems like one of the worst.

FireFly
02-25-2016, 01:53 PM
Arizona low is like $1.37

turboguy
02-25-2016, 02:16 PM
I just drove round trip from Pittsburgh to San Diego with a stop in Vegas. The highest gas prices I saw were PA, and California and along the way most of the states were somewhere around the $ 1.35 to $ 1.45 mark. Pa is about $ 1.89 now and California ranged from the low 2 bucks to $ 2.59. I noticed a big variance in the prices in CA. You could see one station at $ 2.25 and a mile away the next one would be $ 2.59. Back here in PA about a dime is about the most change you will see.

FireFly
02-25-2016, 02:48 PM
I just drove round trip from Pittsburgh to San Diego with a stop in Vegas. The highest gas prices I saw were PA, and California and along the way most of the states were somewhere around the $ 1.35 to $ 1.45 mark. Pa is about $ 1.89 now and California ranged from the low 2 bucks to $ 2.59. I noticed a big variance in the prices in CA. You could see one station at $ 2.25 and a mile away the next one would be $ 2.59. Back here in PA about a dime is about the most change you will see.

Yeah, that's why I will NEVER move to California. High gas prices, strict gun control and hippies. Man, too many hippies. ;)

turboguy
02-25-2016, 03:22 PM
My recent trip to San Diego was my wife's first trip to California. Actually I drove cross country with my display and equipment for a golf course trade show and my wife flew into Vegas and I picked her up there. Prior to the trip I think she would have considered California a great place to live but after being there I think she has no desire at all to live there. I have always liked visiting there, particularly in the winter but have no desire to live there. High gas prices and the heavy traffic would be two of my biggest turn offs.

FireFly
02-25-2016, 03:25 PM
Yeah, I love San Diego but cost of living would kill it for me.

turboguy
02-25-2016, 03:30 PM
Weather wise it is probably the most ideal anywhere and there are lots of things to do there as well as great beaches but yes, it is an expensive place.

Fulcrum
02-25-2016, 04:35 PM
I'll take those prices any day. We're floating around $0.89 per liter (about $3.50/gallon) and set to go up some time this year due to a new provincial government environmental policy of "cap and trade".

lindseyt
09-05-2019, 02:39 PM
If you're looking to buy a gas station and unsure where to look check out this informative article about the dos and don'ts!
https://thebizex.com/blog/find-a-profitable-gas-station-for-sale/