PDA

View Full Version : How to create a website for beginners? Advice please

Beginner
01-24-2016, 01:18 PM
I'm a beginner in small business, i want to create a site. From what i should to start? Thanks

turboguy
01-24-2016, 10:45 PM
Reading between the lines I am guessing you want to do it yourself to save money. You would be a lot better off if you can afford it to have a pro do it. However if you want to do it yourself your first step should be to get the domain name. Someplace like Godaddy, Hostgator or NameCheap will work for that and you can just keep plugging names in that you like until you find one that is available.

The next step would be to decide what you want to use to do your web site. The options would be either one of the drag and drop web site builder type deals such as Wix or GoDaddy's web site builder and many like those. The other option would be WordPress which would be my recommendation. It is free (you do need a hosting package with someone, installs in minutes with one click and has hundreds of really nice free templates. There are also lots of tutorials on using WordPress on YouTube.

Harold Mansfield
01-24-2016, 11:34 PM
What kind of site?
Ecommerce? IF so, what kind of products are you selling?

Informational? Do you also need it to be a blog?

Company website?

What do you need the site to do?

You have to know what kind of site you need before we can tell you the best way to have it built or if one of the site builders will allow you to try to do it yourself.

Beginner
01-25-2016, 03:14 AM
Ohh, thanks for your advice) I never do it myself and i feel i can try) I will watch You Tube, it is best way to understand what to do exactly. :)

Beginner
01-25-2016, 03:20 AM
I want to sale handmade goods. There are clothes and toys from threads for knitting) Women small business:) That is why i want to make website)

Owen
01-25-2016, 10:08 AM
You can use a website builder or pay someone to do it for you. I've learned paying someone is a lot easier.

Harold Mansfield
01-25-2016, 11:35 AM
Ohh, thanks for your advice) I never do it myself and i feel i can try) I will watch You Tube, it is best way to understand what to do exactly. :)
Sounds like a plan. Let us know how it turns out.

I would check out Squarespace. If you are intent on doing it yourself it will take months before you even begin to understand some of the basics of design, copywriting, sales, and , online marketing.

At least something like Squarespace attempts to make at least some of that drag and drop in a way that most novices can put together. You still probably won't understand why you need to do things a certain way, but at least they try to keep you from making common mistakes by not even giving you the option to make them.
Build a Website - Squarespace (http://www.squarespace.com/)

Flor
01-25-2016, 05:00 PM
contact godaddy.com

You can get domain names and also design a website for a reasonable price. There are also other companies out there that do the same think. Do a web search and it will give you a good idea of the many companies out there that will either built your website for you or provide you with the tools to begin building your own.

Shar1984
02-04-2016, 04:34 AM
I will recommend you to hire a professional for building a new e-commerce website for you. Other option is to use ready-made e-commerce platform rather than selling your products on shopify or big-commerce platforms. Reason being ready-made e-commerce platform will cost you only one time app $250-$300 while others will cost you every month some amount.

Beginner
02-04-2016, 05:57 AM
I will recommend you to hire a professional for building a new e-commerce website for you. Other option is to use ready-made e-commerce platform rather than selling your products on shopify or big-commerce platforms. Reason being ready-made e-commerce platform will cost you only one time app $250-$300 while others will cost you every month some amount.
yes, maybe you are right

Vathani Ariyam
02-19-2016, 09:47 AM
To create a website you need a domain name, Godady is a reliable place to get the domain name and a hosting company , for that Hostgator is the best in my opinion. You can use WordPress to create your website, it will be advisable for you to go for a course to learn about web design before you start to create your website.

FireFly
02-22-2016, 12:38 PM
Pay someone to upload and build a WordPress site. They are VERY easy to manage and well worth the money.