PDA

View Full Version : Have Companies Ever Had Someone ASSASSINATED

Owen
01-21-2016, 08:22 PM
Okay this is a weird question but right now I've been binge watching House of Cards of Netflix and that reminded me of dirty business and that reminded me of assassinations so like has there ever been an instance where a company had someone killed? Like a bank had a journalist killed for talking smack? Did an oil company have someone killed for something?

Also, explain why, in the show, they mentioned a bunch of natural gas companies and then said they all had blood on their hands?

Fulcrum
01-21-2016, 08:38 PM
I would have to say yes. I know of one case that happened 30-50 years ago over an invention.

Oh, and Jimmy Hoffa.:cool:

Harold Mansfield
01-21-2016, 08:41 PM
Yes, it has happened. PLENTY of people have been killed over business. Companies big and small.

Freelancier
01-22-2016, 09:25 AM
It's not "the company" that makes the decision, it's some person in the company making the decision. You can't charge a company with "murder", corporations are not people, my friend!

And, yes, lots of C-level people are psychopaths (The Disturbing Link Between Psychopathy And Leadership (http://www.forbes.com/sites/victorlipman/2013/04/25/the-disturbing-link-between-psychopathy-and-leadership/)), and it's not that far a stretch to think that a corporate psychopath might find a competitor or rival so troublesome as to warrant killing them.

Bobjob
01-22-2016, 10:29 AM
Years back I seem to remember China executing a couple of bank executives for stealing money. It was two fold. One it says you will be punished for crime and two it says your money is safe with us. Cause we'll kill anybody who messes with it. I couldn't find anything about it with a quick google.

Owen, do you watch American Greed and Scams on CNBC? If not, I envy you, because you have a lot of quality tv to enjoy in your future.

Harold Mansfield
01-22-2016, 11:57 AM
Owen, do you watch American Greed and Scams on CNBC? If not, I envy you, because you have a lot of quality tv to enjoy in your future.

American Greed is so awesome.

By the way, there's a couple of Chinese executives missing right now.
Another Chinese billionaire goes missing (http://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/07/another-chinese-billionaire-goes-missing.html)