PDA

View Full Version : Glassdoor and negative reviews

steppinthrax
01-20-2016, 09:55 AM
I have a few bad employees (laid off and fired) that have been continually and repetitively been posting negative reviews about the company. We have been able to tag and remove a few but not all.

Seems (based on the number of years this has been going on), they will continually do this, what can be done legally? What can be done to counter this, other than waring back with them in posting 5 stars?

Harold Mansfield
01-20-2016, 10:35 AM
I have a few bad employees (laid off and fired) that have been continually and repetitively been posting negative reviews about the company. We have been able to tag and remove a few but not all.

Seems (based on the number of years this has been going on), they will continually do this, what can be done legally? What can be done to counter this, other than waring back with them in posting 5 stars?

Years? I've seen disgruntled employees or customers spam bad online reviews for a while. But they usually get bored and move on after a few weeks...or months at the most

It's hard to believe that a disgruntled employee has been doing this for years. It takes a LOT of time, and effort to hold a grudge that long.

Are you absolutely positive that someone has been targeting you for years, and that these aren't actually bad reviews?

steppinthrax
01-20-2016, 11:06 AM
Years? I've seen disgruntled employees or customers spam bad online reviews for a while. But they usually get bored and move on after a few weeks...or months at the most

It's hard to believe that a disgruntled employee has been doing this for years. It takes a LOT of time, and effort to hold a grudge that long.

Are you absolutely positive that someone has been targeting you for years, and that these aren't actually bad reviews?

This is not my company, but a company I'm doing business with that is looking at ways of addressing the issue?

It isn't with 100% certainty, but the "penmanship" and "wording" sound very similar among several reviews. In addition there are things being addressed in the article that has absolutely nothing to do with the products/services of the business. The company found several reviews, where the wording was taken from another company with a similar neg review!!

Harold Mansfield
01-20-2016, 11:55 AM
This is not my company, but a company I'm doing business with that is looking at ways of addressing the issue?

It isn't with 100% certainty, but the "penmanship" and "wording" sound very similar among several reviews. In addition there are things being addressed in the article that has absolutely nothing to do with the products/services of the business. The company found several reviews, where the wording was taken from another company with a similar neg review!!
Where are the reviews? What sites or platforms? Facebook? Google? Yelp?

steppinthrax
01-20-2016, 11:55 AM
Glassdoor.

Harold Mansfield
01-20-2016, 12:08 PM
Glassdoor.
Oh, sorry. You did say that.
Right on their website they have a policy about fraudulent reviews.

Per our Community Guidelines (http://help.glassdoor.com/article/Community-Guidelines/en_US/), Glassdoor allows members to contribute one review, per company worked at, per year. If we find evidence of a member posting multiple reviews for the same company, we will remove all contributions from the member’s account. This applies to both employers and employees.

Fraudulent reviews | Glassdoor (http://help.glassdoor.com/article/Fraudulent-reviews/en_US/)

Seems like it should be easy enough to get in touch and present your evidence. If it is the same person it should be easy enough for them to see it on their end.