PDA

View Full Version : Local News Station Advertising

mikerichx3
01-19-2016, 07:38 PM
Today a local news station has called multiple business like mine to promote their business on their news station. They will post your business information on their site for promo. They claim that they will get 50 or more clients every month to your business. The catch is that the business will have to pay 160 dollars monthly for 12 months which is expensive at the moment. I think this is a well opportunity to gain more customer and to pretty much gain the money back and more due to the clients that they said will be new every month. I just need help just in case things get really out of hand. What steps I should take when it comes to something like this versus regular advertising/marketing. Thanks

Harold Mansfield
01-19-2016, 08:20 PM
Today a local news station has called multiple business like mine to promote their business on their news station. They will post your business information on their site for promo. They claim that they will get 50 or more clients every month to your business. The catch is that the business will have to pay 160 dollars monthly for 12 months which is expensive at the moment. I think this is a well opportunity to gain more customer and to pretty much gain the money back and more due to the clients that they said will be new every month. I just need help just in case things get really out of hand. What steps I should take when it comes to something like this versus regular advertising/marketing. Thanks

What are you advertising?
Do they reach your target market?
What does the destination look like? Running ads is great, but it's a waste if people click through to a train wreck or they have to guess what's next.
You have to be ready to close. Not just bring them to an arbitrary link or the home page of a website.

Fulcrum
01-19-2016, 10:08 PM
Have them put those numbers in writing, get a guarantee, and go for it. $4 per sale per 50 customers per month and you're turning a profit.

FireFly
02-22-2016, 12:37 PM
This is basically a scam, I used to know someone who worked for these types of people. Don't fall for it.

Yes they use "local" news channels but not the large ones and their sites are FILLED with ads.

Best of luck!

KristineS
02-22-2016, 12:53 PM
What are the demographics of those who watch the station?
What do they do to bring people to their website?
How are they getting you those 50 clients (and what do they think constitutes a client)?
How big is the market for the station? How much of a market share do they have?

I'd be wary of anyone who gets that specific with their promises. 50 new clients a month is quite a big number. I'd ask for references from people who've advertised with them before to see what their experience was.

Harold Mansfield
02-22-2016, 01:39 PM
This is basically a scam, I used to know someone who worked for these types of people. Don't fall for it.

Yes they use "local" news channels but not the large ones and their sites are FILLED with ads.

Best of luck!

I know what you're talking about. Those fake news sites that look like local stations. Yes, those are spam scams. I hate those sites.
I don't think the OP is talking about that. I think he's talking about his local market stations, but I could be wrong.

Now that you've brought that up, I hope he double checks who he's dealing with.

FireFly
02-23-2016, 03:26 PM
I know what you're talking about. Those fake news sites that look like local stations. Yes, those are spam scams. I hate those sites.
I don't think the OP is talking about that. I think he's talking about his local market stations, but I could be wrong.

Now that you've brought that up, I hope he double checks who he's dealing with.

That's literally how they market, "Your local news station" they guarantee clicks ect.

mikerichx3
02-26-2016, 08:40 AM
Yes sorry for the late reply but it was a scam and I didnt trust throwing away money to someone I didn't know so I declined. Thank You Guys