PDA

View Full Version : A story

Bobjob
01-18-2016, 03:43 PM
I live where Mardi Gras is important, therefore, so are King cakes.

Long ago my grandmother went to the baker to purchase a King cake. There was a lady in front of her. The baker asks the lady what she wants. She says, "I'd like six King cakes." He goes to the back and comes out with four King cakes and says, "these are my last four." The lady says "I'll take them."

My grandmother thinks "rats" but decides to get other stuff since she's there. The lady left and the baker asks my grandmother what she wants, and she says, "Well, I came here for a King cake but you sold your last one to that lady." He says, "No, I got more in the back." Grandmother says, "But you told her you only had four. "He says, "Yeah... she didn't need six."

I don't know why I like this story so much but I do.

Just thought I'd share. :)

vangogh
01-18-2016, 09:45 PM
I like the story too. I didn't see the ending coming, but it was the perfect ending once I got there. Since finishing it, I'm thinking about why the baker only sold the woman four king cakes instead of the six she wanted. I can think of reasons with good and bad motivation on his part. I'm not sure which reason makes it a more interesting story for me either.

Thanks for posting.

Fulcrum
01-19-2016, 07:34 AM
Sounds like a vendor who knows his customer. I've seen this done and done variations of it as well.

David Hunter
01-19-2016, 11:26 AM
Now I'm really curious to know why the baker didn't sell her two more.

I'm guessing he had a bunch more in the back, or maybe he only had a couple more left and wanted to spread them out a little to other customers who come in asking for it.