PDA

View Full Version : How to add lots of copy

brain357
01-14-2016, 07:44 AM
I've decided the only way I will get ranked high on the first page is to add lots of copy on my pages. Writing the copy will be no problem, but I'm unsure where to add it. If I do a large write up on my category page then customers will have to scroll way down to get to the items. I think this will ruin user experience as I'm sure most are there for the items rather than the copy. I'm thinking about having a separate information type page from the items page and just link them together, but then my high ranking landing page won't have items on it. Curious what other people have done.

vangogh
01-14-2016, 10:46 AM
Just write the copy for real people. Say what you have to say and then stop. Don't worry how long the copy is. Adding more copy because you think it will help your page rank better is a sure way to drive people away if they land on the page. The secret to getting search engine traffic is not more copy. In fact there is no secret to gaining search traffic.

Harold Mansfield
01-14-2016, 11:55 AM
I agree. Adding a bunch of words on the page will not help you get better rankings. If anything, if the copy has no purpose it will actually ruin your site and therefore your rankings.
Make sure that your existing copy is well written and provides ALL of the information that readers need to make a decision or take whatever call to action there is.

AFTER THAT, add content that is necessary and informative. The easiest way to keep it organized is through an onsite blog.

If you just toss up a bunch of spun, keyword stuffed articles and pages you'll be basically turning your site into junk.

krymson
01-14-2016, 02:15 PM
Basically you want to write copy that is easily scannable by eyes. So someone can scan through your content get the answer they were looking for and move on with their lives. That's what it's all about... having a TON of information on a page is not a good Idea because it takes longer for people to scan through the copy... Put it to you this way... the average visor has an attention span of 2-3 seconds... if you don;t wow them or provide the answer they're looking for in that amount of time, you've failed. Plain and simple.

daveM
01-18-2016, 03:13 AM
Page content should be geared right to the reader. A picture is great... above the fold...... and some backlinks to gain 'trust'.
I have been lazy re backlinks. and paid the price.

Daniel160
05-02-2016, 05:09 AM
Actually this is " content - gathering" way, which is very common to be used on mobile web promotion ofenly, I am not sure it will be good as you use it for your online web promotion, yes maybe your articles will be more, but how can you make sure the visitors find you easliy on search engine? duplicated articles didn't give you much more effects on on page SEO and how do you make your site well ranked on search engines?

dewalds86
05-03-2016, 07:08 AM
Back links is still the corner stone of getting good rankings. You just have to be smarter about it.