PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY NEW YEAR! What's your New Years' Resolution?

Owen
01-01-2016, 12:37 AM
It's officially 2016 (at least in Maine) so what is your New Years' resolution?

Personally I have 2, to get in shape (gain some muscle, 140 pounds and 6'1" is a little too skinny :3) and to own at least 1 share in some company by 2017. :D

Brian Altenhofel
01-01-2016, 02:38 AM
Continue what I started last year - getting in better shape. I didn't really gain or lose any weight (started at 240, finished at 236), but I went from 39% to 23% body fat.

vangogh
01-01-2016, 10:39 AM
Happy New Year!

I don't make resolutions. I used to. I would make resolutions that sounded easy to do on New Year's Eve, but prove to be much more difficult to achieve. And because they were tied to New Year's, but the end of January it felt like I could ignore them. Now I set goals for the year that I'm not trying to achieve in a few weeks or a month. I spend much of December looking back over the year and seeing what I did and didn't achieve and then I set goals for the coming year.

I suppose in many ways it's the same thing, but for whatever reason, I've forgotten my resolutions shortly after the holiday is over, but working toward my goals becomes an ongoing thing that I constantly revisit.

Harold Mansfield
01-01-2016, 12:58 PM
My New Years resolution is to stop procrastinating on small things, track my time accurately, and to get rid of difficult clients quicker.
I've been allowing people to waste too much time and that's all on me for not following my own rules.

I also want to complete a couple of Udacity courses that I started and be constantly learning new skills from here on out.

David Hunter
01-01-2016, 08:39 PM
No New Year's Resolutions for me.

I always just want to grow better as a person every day.

Fulcrum
01-02-2016, 08:08 PM
Quit smoking entirely.

Switched to an e-cigarette back in mid July and haven't had a tobacco based smoke since. Using a self designed, 4 step cessation program I hope to be completely smoke free by mid to late summer.

Aside from that, to be the best uncle I can be to my nieces and nephews since I don't have kids of my own.

Owen
01-02-2016, 08:46 PM
Quit smoking entirely.

Switched to an e-cigarette back in mid July and haven't had a tobacco based smoke since. Using a self designed, 4 step cessation program I hope to be completely smoke free by mid to late summer.

Aside from that, to be the best uncle I can be to my nieces and nephews since I don't have kids of my own.

I smoke vape without nicotine, and if you do quit but like to smoke, I recommend it without nicotine.

Fulcrum
01-02-2016, 09:00 PM
I smoke vape without nicotine, and if you do quit but like to smoke, I recommend it without nicotine.

Working my way to that. That's step 3. Step 4 is to get rid of the vape altogether.

Owen
01-02-2016, 09:04 PM
Working my way to that. That's step 3. Step 4 is to get rid of the vape altogether.

Good luck! How long have you been smoking?

billbenson
01-04-2016, 06:01 AM
I'll divert to the first few posts. Get back in good shape. Do a light weight workout every morning. I have a boflex machine which I like, and get into the dojo every day.

I'm going to the largest martial arts seminar / convention in the world in Atlantic city later this month. I always learn a lot at these seminars. So it's 8 hours of working out by day, food and a few cocktails by night, and good friends.

KristineS
01-04-2016, 01:02 PM
I'm like Vangogh in that I don't tend to do resolutions. I do have some things I want to work on in 2016 - one is taking my writing to the next level and bringing in even more income from writing work. I have a few blogs I want to spend more time on too.

M.Ehrmantraut
01-05-2016, 02:07 PM
Quit smoking entirely.

That's awesome! I've been off the cigarettes for 16 months now and it is still kind of a trip to think after all of these years I'm no longer smoking. I stopped by using an e-cig and it was by far the most painless way I've ever tried to quit. I enjoy vaping and am using a mix of a low-nicotine juice and a zero nic juice, could probably just go ahead and go full zero-nic juice but will wait til this last bottle is gone to do that. I don't crave cigarettes at all, thinking about going back on them just makes me cringe.

SocioDNa41
01-07-2016, 06:51 AM
I'm too skinny so my new year resolution is to gain idle weight.