PDA

View Full Version : What Helps You Rank Higher In Google?

Owen
12-27-2015, 03:09 PM
I'm going to be starting yet another startup soon. Yes, I know what you've been saying for months now Harold and yes, I am actively doing that, I'm almost certified in business administration, personal finance, and marketing. School does wonders, heh, who knew?

And yes, this does have a little teeny-tiny bit of funding from my part time job (currently making $10 an hour working 20-30 hours a week), which will be going towards hiring developers (probably hourly), advertising across Google Adwords, etc.

But my question is: what gets websites to rank so high, even when they're only a few years old? What are the secrets? Should I pay for managed services like Attracta?

Harold Mansfield
12-27-2015, 03:35 PM
But my question is: what gets websites to rank so high, even when they're only a few years old? What are the secrets? Should I pay for managed services like Attracta?

Long term, and active marketing all over the internet including content marketing, press, social media (Google Plus and location info), video, business profiles, building inbound links by being a source of information, advertising, and of course on site SEO that targets your market correctly, and having a well designed, organized, mobile friendly website.

It's a marathon that includes everything.

Owen
12-27-2015, 04:30 PM
Long term, and active marketing all over the internet including content marketing, press, social media (Google Plus and location info), video, business profiles, building inbound links by being a source of information, advertising, and of course on site SEO that targets your market correctly, and having a well designed, organized, mobile friendly website.

It's a marathon that includes everything.

So if I pay $10 a month for Attracta SEO, how much do you think that would help my rankings if you google something that doesn't include my site name like when you search 'jobs' Indeed.com pops up?

turboguy
12-27-2015, 04:39 PM
I can't picture anyone delivering something worthwhile for 10 bucks a month.

Brian Altenhofel
12-27-2015, 04:51 PM
So if I pay $10 a month for Attracta SEO, how much do you think that would help my rankings if you google something that doesn't include my site name like when you search 'jobs' Indeed.com pops up?

None at all.

Harold Mansfield
12-27-2015, 05:06 PM
IMO, just put a match on that $10 and watch it burn. Or put it to good use and get something like Google Play Music or HBO.

Seriously, how much SEO (or anything) would YOU do for $10 mo.?

Owen
12-27-2015, 08:01 PM
IMO, just put a match on that $10 and watch it burn. Or put it to good use and get something like Google Play Music or HBO.

Seriously, how much SEO (or anything) would YOU do for $10 mo.?

That's true. What would the $99 - $300 packages do?

Harold Mansfield
12-27-2015, 08:16 PM

Couldn't tell you. I don't know anything about one "SEO" company from another. They all make convincing sounding promises.
You'll have to talk to them and ask them what you're getting for your money and determine if it's worth paying them for it.

Fulcrum
12-27-2015, 09:18 PM

Or he could mail it to me. I never say no to free money.

Brian Altenhofel
12-27-2015, 11:35 PM

Might buy an hour or so of time with reputable SEO companies...

krymson
01-04-2016, 12:35 PM
For 99-300 a month here's what most people would get...

Weekly/Montly SEO report
Suggestions or Edits for meta descriptions
Suggestions or edits for Title Tags
For higher priced teirs, content review
Higher Tiers, maybe a little content creation (blog articles)
Suggestions on new keyword opportunities
Suggestions with market opportunities
I'm sure there's others but these are the most common

dewalds86
01-05-2016, 05:09 AM
Using a reputable SEO company would by far be the better choice.

bhav
02-01-2016, 04:57 AM
Best to get a consultancy meeting with an SEO company and find out exactly what they can do for your own start up and for how much, do this with many companies and get a general feel of how far $99-300 will get you.

BBlake
02-11-2016, 01:45 PM
To answer your original question ("What helps you rank..."), check out this infographic from Moz (https://dc8hdnsmzapvm.cloudfront.net/assets/images/factors/2015/rankingfactors-info.png?b1f9c97). TL;DR: the first two factors are backlinks, the next is content and keywords.

Harold Mansfield
02-11-2016, 02:26 PM
To answer your original question ("What helps you rank..."), check out this infographic from Moz (https://dc8hdnsmzapvm.cloudfront.net/assets/images/factors/2015/rankingfactors-info.png?b1f9c97). TL;DR: the first two factors are backlinks, the next is content and keywords.
But you can't get back links without good design and content. Self linking and manual link manipulation doesn't carry much weight anymore. Chicken/Egg scenario except in this instance quality of content comes first.

BBlake
02-11-2016, 05:11 PM
But you can't get back links without good design and content. Self linking and manual link manipulation doesn't carry much weight anymore. Chicken/Egg scenario except in this instance quality of content comes first.

You should have targeted content on your site before building backlinks. However, you totally can build links without good content on your site. Guest posting, citations, social signals are all weighted highly in organic and can happen with a crappy design website.

Can? Yes. Should? No.

Harold Mansfield
02-11-2016, 05:45 PM
I have to disagree with the "weighted highly" part. That used to be the case 5 years ago when you could self manipulate your page rank, but Google has gotten much better since then and they keep repeatedly telling us that the old days are gone.

Yes, you can totally throw some junk together and link bait your way to a fair amount of ad clicks. But that is a very short lived strategy. Today, there is no substitute for good content. You're not going to trick Google into placing you well in the SERP's.

Honestly, it's much easier and less time consuming to just create something great than to create crap and work twice as hard trying to trick Google into thinking that it's great.

Fulcrum
02-11-2016, 06:03 PM
Honestly, it's much easier and less time consuming to just create something great than to create crap and work twice as hard trying to trick Google into thinking that it's great.

More cost effective as well.

Harold Mansfield
02-13-2016, 12:02 PM
If I may improve this a little:

> "An ounce of performance is worth pounds of promises."- Mae West

-----> "An ounce of performance's worth is way more than pounds of promises."- Mae West

Quotes aren't the place to express creative liberty, or else they wouldn't be called quotes. They're quotes because someone said them. So that's actually not an improvement because it's not what she said.

But even without the accuracy problems, it's got serious diction and English language issues.
In this case an apostrophe "s" isn't a substitution for the word "is". It's to show possession of a singular noun or plurals.
You can use apostrophe "s" as a substitution for "is" or "has" , just not in this case.

Also "ounce" is singular, so you wouldn't pluralize the subject.
The plural of "performance" is "performances" not "performance's".

So in this instance "is" comes before "worth", and "way" is in there for no reason because the point has already been made. If you wanted to express the urgency or greater amount , "far" would be a much better word to use.

But again, none of that is the actual quote.

billbenson
02-13-2016, 09:58 PM
Study SEO. Its actually easier these days than back in the old days when everyone was trying to fool google. That doesn't mean you can't use a SEO firm, but you will at least know how to manage them.

ChiefDesignStudios.com
02-25-2016, 09:23 AM
I'm going to be starting yet another startup soon. Yes, I know what you've been saying for months now Harold and yes, I am actively doing that, I'm almost certified in business administration, personal finance, and marketing. School does wonders, heh, who knew?

And yes, this does have a little teeny-tiny bit of funding from my part time job (currently making $10 an hour working 20-30 hours a week), which will be going towards hiring developers (probably hourly), advertising across Google Adwords, etc.

This is a complicated question because there are a number of factors that will determines your rank in Google. Due to the fact that Google is constantly changing their algorithm (i.e. Panda update) the factors also change. Google is one of the companies that don't tell you exactly from a development what determines your rank but with some years of testing and closely watching you can see what is effective and what isn't. This is why you want someone experienced in this field to help you.

One thing Google does is a ip/gps location relevant results return in some most all searches...so you will see location relevant searches (results closest to you) in map results. Business listings head up search results and they are also based on location. For example if searching hotels in Atlanta, GA you would find top results in map/business listing section (top of results) being the closest places from the heart of the city (based on gps)

With some of these things touched on, you can then work on SEO (on site) and should be managed at least each quarter and compared with your traffic and how they are getting to you. Google loves good SEO, site maps, and alt texting.

Links are also a big part of ranking at top spots in regular search results in Google. Get as many inbound links as you can without linking out if possible. The more you have pointing to your site (relevant links and sites) and the less you have pointing out of your site the better your rank.

Social media is now a part part of ranking in google. Use Facebook as much as possible to link to your site in post, on relevant FB pages, and when possible everywhere. Google and Facebook love working together as well as Youtube as Google and Youtube are the same now.

Use these basic methods to start and you will see a good change in ranking and is a solid way to start when indexing your site with engines.

Wes G.
C.O.O. CDS

trunker
02-25-2016, 11:07 AM

It’s all a matter of subject matter, literally. If you are trying to rank for the search term or keyword “health insurance” you will never make it no matter what you do.

If you are trying to rank for the keyword “health insurance for children in Dallas Texas” then you may have a shot.

I have never used an SEO service but I know a bad one can destroy your website. I have a site that is four months old that ranks in the #1 - #6 positions for multiple keywords. How did I do that? By targeting long tail keywords with low competition. I don’t build backlinks and I do not spend money on SEO.

What is the subject matter that you want to rank for?

trunker
02-25-2016, 11:15 AM

I agree 100% Harold has let the google secret out, useful engaging content ranks best.

Amber
02-25-2016, 09:18 PM
It’s all a matter of subject matter, literally. If you are trying to rank for the search term or keyword “health insurance” you will never make it no matter what you do.

If you are trying to rank for the keyword “health insurance for children in Dallas Texas” then you may have a shot.

I have never used an SEO service but I know a bad one can destroy your website. I have a site that is four months old that ranks in the #1 - #6 positions for multiple keywords. How did I do that? By targeting long tail keywords with low competition. I don’t build backlinks and I do not spend money on SEO.

What is the subject matter that you want to rank for?

I don't mean to sidetrack the OP, but I think this could help Owen out too. I agree longtails are helpful...especially for local business imo. Could you go in to a little more detail though about your success with it ----Is it customary to only stick to one main keyword per page/post? How do you make sure the keyword makes sense in copy across your site without it looking unnatural? I'm having a bit of trouble with this myself.

There are tools like longtail pro Long Tail Pro - Keyword Research Software - Start For Free (http://www.longtailpro.com/) and some free ones like: https://kwfinder.com/ (free for 5 searches). Never tried using them yet though.

trunker
02-26-2016, 10:00 AM
I don't mean to sidetrack the OP, but I think this could help Owen out too. I agree longtails are helpful...especially for local business imo. Could you go in to a little more detail though about your success with it ----Is it customary to only stick to one main keyword per page/post? How do you make sure the keyword makes sense in copy across your site without it looking unnatural? I'm having a bit of trouble with this myself.

There are tools like longtail pro Long Tail Pro - Keyword Research Software - Start For Free (http://www.longtailpro.com/) and some free ones like: https://kwfinder.com/ (free for 5 searches). Never tried using them yet though.

Long Tail Pro Platinum, I can't say enough about the product and it gets better every couple months when they update it. It is the best way to sort through large amounts of keywords. It is not perfect and I still do some leg work but it has helped me more than I ever thought It could.

I have many articles that rank for their primary keyword where the keyword density is only 2/10ths (.2%) because it is not natural to use the keyword a lot. I will say that these are not super competitive keywords though.
Here is an example: Keyword “photography schools in Ohio” This is purely an example and I do not have an photography sites.

My H1/Tittle Tag will be “List of the best photography schools in Ohio”

I have at this point targeted the original keyword “photography schools in Ohio” and “best photography schools in Ohio” and “List of the best photography schools in Ohio” The longest tail keywords generally ranks faster and sooner than the others.

Throughout the list I will write a short description about each school and what they offer, give contact and location info. I will also search YouTube and embed videos about that school’s photography program. I always add images also with the appropriate image alt/description so googlebot can understand what the image is.

I would also link follow/normal link to most of the schools since they are a .edu and are considered a trusted site. Outbound linking frequently to helpful sites will help you rank hire without a doubt in my mind. Most of my sites contain more follow links than nofollow because as I see no reason to link to a bad sight.

In the end it is just producing helpful content that teaches someone something. I see googles algorithm more human in nature than a mechanical formula.

Amber
02-26-2016, 05:20 PM
^ Thank you for your insight. I think long tail pro might be a tool worth investing in. And I had no idea outbound links mattered in terms of credibility.

Yep. Gone are the days of keyword stuffing, spun content and other manipulations. There aren't many shortcuts left to rank nowadays.

InnoWork
02-28-2016, 12:32 PM
To rank higher on Google first of all ensure that your website is mobile friendly and get your on-page SEO done. On-page SEO you can easily do yourself with a little searching.

Next thing you should do is focus on content. If you have a blog on your site, this is a good place to do that. Don't just focus on putting your keywords all over (like many do), but focus on great, unique content that is usefull to the reader and creates value.

OVER TIME create backlinks to your site. This you can do yourself, or let a company do. Make sure they drip feed it over time, and don't use services like fiverr to buy cheap ones. Bad backlinks will do much worse than good.

Social media sharing is BIG now. Make all your content shareable, and you will begin to gain more traffic and visibility. This leads to more natural links from genuine websites which Google likes.

3YM
03-19-2016, 02:49 AM
Wow I can't believe how much I just learned in 10 minutes of reading this thread. Very useful reading. Are there any sites or anything that you all recommend where I could learn more about SEO?

Noin1976
04-10-2016, 08:09 AM
Is buying is good for SEO?

Daniel160
04-12-2016, 03:06 AM
People would say good quality content with good quality back links = well ranking, but I would prefer first one, I am running an old site over 8 years , doing nothing but always kept on freshing good quality articles ( all articles unique and I never copy anyone others) without few links ( 100 links appx) , but ranked on first page of Google over 6 years. So, I believe focusing on your site ifself is the key to get your site trusted.

Natalie
05-15-2016, 08:16 PM
Hi Owen. It’s great to hear your motivation re starting a new business. However re SEO, if there was a straight answer to what contributes to high rankings, everyone would be doing it – and ranking would be harder than ever. There are so many factors that play a part including how UX-centred your web design is, how often it’s updated, where else it’s featured on the web, how well the content is written, how relevant keywords and phrases are used in the HTML code, whether you have alt text for all your images and transcripts for your videos… the list goes on. Every SEO company you consult will have different opinions and Google’s algorithms are always changing. I’d suggest doing your due diligence and learning as much as you can independently so that at least when working with “SEO professionals” you understand what they’re doing (and provide direction if/when needed on what strategies you might prefer). Good luck!

aaronW
06-08-2016, 03:15 PM
If you need SEO expect to pay 500 a month or more. The web dev/ marketing company I use to do sales for charged 650 a month for basic services.

novaera
06-10-2016, 12:40 PM
Do you have any experience in SEO at all? Cause quite frankly, if you don't know what you're doing then you can pay thousands for all of the tools but having them doesn't boost rankings at all.. otherwise every other seo company would invest in every shiny new tool on the market. What is your experience in SEO, if any?

kb24
06-14-2016, 08:12 PM
It starts with good keyword research and good quality content. If your content is engaging then it will get shared through social mediums thus giving you traffic to your site and hopefully sales..

MrPRinson
07-20-2016, 09:30 AM
I can't picture anyone delivering something worthwhile for 10 bucks a month.

it can contribute? its just low bugdet.

dewalds86
07-25-2016, 03:03 AM
At this point allot of luck.

LocalSearchSolutions
08-10-2016, 11:43 AM
I think you are approaching this wrong.

I do this full time for a living btw. SEO is not a panacea. It is just one tactic that you can use to generate prospects and sales. Same with AdWords or BingAds. These require scale to really work as well. Same goes for using Facebook ads, LinkedIN ads, paid pins in Instgram, etc.

Focus on your brand. Your brand promise. What you will do differently and why people should care. Talk about the problem you solve. Get that down on paper. Then you can start looking at the sitemap and needs of your website. That site is your main focus. It's your window to the world!

You can't rank a shitty website with no content. And driving paid traffic to said site will get you nothing either. Make sure it's great. Make sure it pops. Make sure it lets your target customer know they have found a great solution.

The other stuff comes when you have money and time to dedicate.

cuong.hellomedia
09-07-2016, 05:42 AM
I can't picture anyone delivering something worthwhile for 2 bucks a week

ChadR
09-08-2016, 02:54 PM
Don't waste your time with $10/mo services. You'll get much better results from building your own content campaign for a little more. SEO runs on quality, relevant and unique content.

1) Create an account with Writers Access and order a new blog each week for $50 a blog ($200/mo).

2) Hire a social marketing expert on Upwork (good ones can range from $30 - $50/hr) and should only take them 2 hours max each week to create, write and post.

3) Next, hire an email marketing manager to write, load and send your emails. Each one should build on your blog / social posts and lead a flash sale at the end of the month. Again, a good freelancer will charge $30/hr and take 2 hours a week. Mailchimp CRM is free to use and will work well enough to build a small list.

4) Have a graphic designer to create a lead magnet for you. This should only cost you a one time fee of $100.

So for $320/mo you've created a complete content marketing campaign that will work much better than the $10/mo option.

Harold Mansfield
09-08-2016, 03:50 PM
Don't waste your time with $10/mo services. You'll get much better results from building your own content campaign for a little more. SEO runs on quality, relevant and unique content.

1) Create an account with Writers Access and order a new blog each week for $50 a blog ($200/mo).

2) Hire a social marketing expert on Upwork (good ones can range from $30 - $50/hr) and should only take them 2 hours max each week to create, write and post.

3) Next, hire an email marketing manager to write, load and send your emails. Each one should build on your blog / social posts and lead a flash sale at the end of the month. Again, a good freelancer will charge $30/hr and take 2 hours a week. Mailchimp CRM is free to use and will work well enough to build a small list.

4) Have a graphic designer to create a lead magnet for you. This should only cost you a one time fee of $100.

So for $320/mo you've created a complete content marketing campaign that will work much better than the $10/mo option.
I have to disagree with all of this. No one for $50 a week or $30hr/2 hours can create a marketing plan for you. All they can do is write basic articles and flood your blog and social media with bloat content.

It's not a real plan nor does it target your audience according to your branding and marketing. I'm a firm believer that you should be in charge of your own content and marketing. That means you first need to learn what that is. Good marketing is not something that can be outsourced for a few hundred dollars nor can you delegate marketing tasks if you haven't created any kind of foundation of what that marketing is.

Just tossing content around, stuffed with keywords is old thinking that stopped working years ago.

JMO of course.

Business Attorney
09-08-2016, 04:26 PM
What is a lead magnet?

cuong.hellomedia
09-08-2016, 10:51 PM
Content. Onpage (title, description, photo, internal link); offpage (backlink, social)
-> top rank google

Krystsina
09-09-2016, 07:27 AM
I believe that great hard work stands by websites that are ranked high on Google. It is the result of productive marketing work and SEO. And of course, raising the brand awareness as well.

adamxtubeage
09-14-2016, 05:36 PM
I will definitely recommend below mentioned set up if you want to rank your website on any niche (ranking period ofcourse depends on niche and keyword competitiveness):

- Fresh updated unique content (atleast weekly)
- Profile of that website on all major social networks (mainly G+,FB,Twitter,Pinterest,Instagram,Youtube)
- Try to post viral content on all this social networks (helps in traffic as well as brand promotion as well as ranking)
- Backlinks from only verified high branded sites (atleast PR-7-9 ) (Build only 40-60 every month works like a charm)
- Backlinks from Parasite sites (2016 new SEO method)
- Create and promote videos (Today videos are the latest trends as well as its helps on ranking too)
- Viral Social shares of your posts (pretty self explanatory)

Hope this helps :)

dewalds86
09-15-2016, 02:08 AM
SEO helps you to rank higher on Google.

printshop1
12-21-2016, 01:35 AM
There is nothing like that to rank a website fast. There are two options short term and long term. For short term you can rely on PPC and with good optimized PPC campaign you can get quick leads but for the long term objective SEO would be a good option but again you need to invest time and money for that. A good SEO can't be fast. If you are looking for long lasting results then you need to focus on SEO.

Skydog
02-06-2017, 10:15 AM

I would really focus on matching your product or service with relevant customers. The best thing for your website, and business in general, is to solve the problems of your customers. Just a few questions to ask yourself,

-Who are my ideal customers?
-What are they looking for?
-What questions do they have?
-Does my website/business answer those questions?
-What can my business do to help them?

The better you help your customers solve their problems, the better your ranking will be. The search engines recognize this as their trying to connect customers with relevant businesses.

As for hiring an seo firm, I'd listen to googles advise! The link below is to an article from google "do you need an seo?". It'll get you pointed in the right direction.

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35291?hl=en

Mannatsandhu
02-27-2017, 10:35 PM
If you want to get high rank in search engines, you have to do both onpage and offpage SEO. Just concentrate on meta keywords, title, Url structure of your website. Apart from this, in Offpage method, try to get good backlinks for your website by doing article submissions, classifieds, slideshae submissions etc. It will be definitely improve your website's ranking.

Tranzlo
02-28-2017, 04:06 PM
Real backlinks, they are essentially votes toward your website. The more votes you have, the better you rank.

lopez
04-28-2017, 02:02 AM
SEO can help you rank in google and PPC gets you leads and traffic. And by SEO I mean both onpage and offpage. Your website should have the right content, titles, descriptions etc. And you need good backlinks coming to your site.

LrenceM
05-11-2017, 06:05 AM

Well, $10 is a big joke for SEO work. I don't think it will go places. Most of the time SEO services are not cheap and oftentimes they charge high which is why not everyone can afford them.

kimoonyx
05-13-2017, 10:05 PM
No! The work to get your website to the top of the ranks is way harder than what can be done for 10 dollars a month. When I first started in this awesome forum I owned a separate website from the one I own now. It was allyoucanfranchise.com (I can give the link freely...its not spam as it doesn't exist anymore.) I hired an SEO company for a monthly fee (it was like 85 a month) and they got me google smacked.

It was around the time penguin first came out. That site never recovered. It went from position 14, to non existent... and it was a lesson learned Luckily I had ruffled the feathers of an existing franchise directory who knew what I was up too, had the url, was checking daily and seeing the companies I was getting signed under on my then freebee listing to build clientele, and I placed a call and was able to sell the company to them (for those who are gonna ask how I convinced them to buy my company I disrupted their norm with free ads, and then during my call advised I was trying to see if we had any "synergies" in common... Its a BS word, purposefully so, as I was trying to tactfully let them know I was looking for help, and I was just vulnerable enough for them to start thinking of absorbing me :) Anyways I sold the now google smacked company for mere chump change compared to the work I had put in on closing those franchise ad's. It was in no way a win. Somewhere on this forum is the original post I put up when it happened.

I was livid and had learned a hard lesson. I received some outstanding advise from some one in the forum. They said, it would be better to build articles your self just one a week, and build up your content.. I listened. I took the money from the sale of allyoucanfranchise, and put everything I had in terms of time online spreading the word legitimately and all the money I had in to GameStartStores.com and it became a success. witnessed here by all of the regulars in this forum. I gotta say, now.. some years later, I think that is the best advise. I want to echo what Harold said. It is indeed a Marathon of every thing he mentioned. There is NO WAY to sprint through it. You need to get to work on social media, blogs, articles, video content, and most importantly...you need to be an awesome resource/source for the information you are putting out there. If you are not, google and the rest of the search engines will see through it and you will never ever gain ranking. The 10 dollar a month offer is literally prima facia BS. Its not possible I promise.

RjMaan
05-28-2018, 12:12 PM
Well, the simple answer for your question is that you should try to focus on good SEO practices with quality back links. The SEO includes both on page and off page of your site.

homautomation1
06-02-2018, 01:03 AM
Five Ways to Improve your Site's Ranking

Publish Relevant Content,Update Your Content Regularly,Title Metadata,Description ,Keyword ,Have a link-worthy site,Use alt tags

jeffscott
06-19-2018, 02:04 AM
Its the overall website performance in the web in which will reflect to the rankings and especially to the target users.

matheuuv
11-12-2018, 12:20 AM
Content marketing helps to rank keyword faster in the search engine.

jordanmcclure
12-17-2018, 04:50 AM
There are many factor which is responsible for rank high in Google:

Secured site with HTTPSCheck for mobile friendly
Page Speed Matter
Webpage content quality
Webpage content length
Quality backlinks
Optimized Alt tag
Domain Age
Optimized Metadata - (Title, Desccription, Keywords)
Keywords Optimization
Optimized H1 tag

Aronsmith
01-28-2019, 11:23 AM
In order to best increase your website's authority in Google's SERP (search engine results page), it is imperative that you first optimize your site's SEO. There are several ways that this can be done and I have laid out the steps to do so below:

Step 1: Modifying your website's title tag
Every website utilizes a specific “tag” that marks the title of the site. In the html coding, it is designated by <title>###</title>. The keywords used in this title tag are very important in improving your website’s SEO. Here are a few examples of very well known and powerful sites with high page ranking:
1. Use the same keywords in your Site Title as in your H1 tag below.
2. Site Title must not exceed 70 characters long, spaces included.
3. Begin your Site Title with your business name.
4. If you are a Local business include your city/state/county/suburb. Local information helps Search Engines to direct local users attracting more visits from local searches.
5. Try incorporating your most relevant keyword in your Site Title i.e. the word you think a client would type into a Search Engine search to find your website.
6. Make sure your Site Title is easy to read and attractive – A relevant and descriptive Site Title is more likely to attract users to ‘click’ in Search Engine results.
7. Use the pipe sign (|) to distinguish different parts in your Site Title (See Jeep example above)

Step 2: Adding keywords in content
It is necessary to ensure that you are utilizing specific keywords related to your Brand in the text. In the end, these keywords are what bring visits to your site and raise your ranking on Google. It is important that you use these keywords throughout the website. However, you do not want to overdo it, Google-Bot is smart enough to know when you are “stuffing” the site with the keyword in order to cheaply raise your ranking on their website. You need to keep density of your keyword usage in your site, without unnecessary usage of them. (<10% density)

Step 3: Using keywords in headings
Another large portion that Google looks for keywords at is in the content headings (<h1>, <h2>, etc.).

Step 4: Use of <alt> tags
In laymans terms, an <alt> tag is simply the description of an image. Google-Bot is unable to read images, however, it is able to read the unseen tags in the html coding of the image. By thinking of ways to name your images with keywords that are both relevant and that you want to be found by, this could lead to people finding your images when they are searching on Google. In it’s most basic form, <alt> tags are primarily used to specify alternative text for the image if it cannot be displayed for some reason. Step 5: Use of metatags/meta-descriptions
Although Google does not rely on these very much now a days, They cannot do anything but improve your websites page ranking. A couple search engines that do utilize them however, are Yahoo and Bing. It isn’t of the utmost importance, but it is something that could potentially help your ranking.

Additionally, ensure that your meta description that you have set is utilizing keywords for your site. These meta descriptions can also be embedded in the html of the website to provide Google-Bot with relevant information on what a particular page is about.

Step 6: Inbound links
You need to get your name out there. Not just by word of mouth and getting people to like your Facebook page, you need to get your link out there. Press releases are a great way to do so, but there are also many other ways to get your link to be known. Not only do you need to establish quantity when getting backlinks to our site, but Google-Bot also takes into account where those links are coming from (how well known the other site is). For example, “.gov .org. & .edu” sites establish more credibility and are more heavily favored by Google-Bot.

davidlee21
01-30-2019, 04:25 AM
Quality content and backlink are most important factors for ranking in google.

Willie Posey
02-20-2019, 09:00 AM
I never ranked my own website before but now I do and prefer all the SEO strategies to get a better rank (offline for now).