PDA

View Full Version : how to find a good accountant

Dragon
12-22-2015, 06:24 PM
Good day to all!

I need a good accountant for my little business. So, which the criteria of the professional accountant?
Thanks advanced.

Fulcrum
12-22-2015, 07:53 PM
If you were to tell us where you are located, it would help us greatly.

TAAccounting
12-24-2015, 10:33 AM
Hey Dragon,

Happy Holiday! Where you're located always helps, but with this day and age in technology -- it's not all that difficult.

Being an accountant myself, I would recommend you identify the right kind of accountant you need first and foremost. By this, I mean, do you need tax help, do you need audit help, or do you need one who will manage your cash flow, risk, and profit margins (they call those Outsource CFO).

RenPest
01-07-2016, 04:46 PM
Related question......kind of.

Do most accountants/CPA firms also offer Registered Agent services for small Businesses as an add on?

Fulcrum
07-25-2016, 07:50 AM
Accounting software is poised to eliminate accountants ... Again, automation is a common disruption.

Not going to happen. Funny thing about automation is that it still requires someone at the output end who know what they're doing and what to look for. One incorrect input and all the calculations are wrong. These stories hit the news when someone receives an electricity bill for 6 or 7 figures and the billing company refuses to investigate because the system generates the bill.

Automation can be a disruption, but at the same time, there is a time and place for using manual type of labor/machines.

GroupISO
07-25-2016, 12:01 PM
Ask your friends and family who own businesses about who they use and if they'd recommend them.

Thomas1984
08-07-2016, 05:12 PM
Hi Dragon,
it really would help if you could tell us where you are located. I usually take advice from family and/or friends on who to contact when it comes down to something like that. I recently opened a business in Cyprus and thankfully a neighbor was able to recommend those guys to me. I am very happy with their work and will continue to work with them in the future. Maybe you can get some help from friends and/or family as well? I know in this day and age we are all able to google stuff, but I feel like it's still very helpful to talk to people and ask them about their experiences. Hope I could help!

Pita
08-08-2016, 09:21 AM
Ask your friends and family who own businesses about who they use and if they'd recommend them.

Exactly what I was going to say. I've been with the same accountant for personal and business accounts for 17 years. He was recommended by a neighbor.

jlee1994848
08-15-2016, 10:06 PM
What should you look for in an accountant?
• A communicator. Choose an accountant who is willing to take the time to discuss your situation and help you plan your next move. One of the things I used to stress to my accounting clients was, “I want to know what you are going to do, not what you did”.
• A person who keeps up with the changes in laws and procedures. Change is constant in the business world. You need a professional who makes the effort to keep up with those changes.
• Someone who is willing to tell you when you’re wrong. A professional is there to guide and protect you. Sometimes that requires taking a stand and making sure you are doing the right thing.
• Someone who produces timely and accurate reports. The accountant should strive to produce reports that will help you make wise decisions.