PDA

View Full Version : I am a Married Man

rezzy
06-24-2009, 08:11 AM
Its official, I have left the singles club and have joined the rank of other married men.

Now that all the planning is completed I can return to completing the projects that have ended stuck in mud. :mad:

Many months of planning for a day which came and went faster then I expected.

Patrysha
06-24-2009, 09:14 AM
Congratulations!!

Welcome to the club.

Like business, it takes a lot of hard work but the rewards are worth it!

vangogh
06-24-2009, 10:44 AM
Congratulations Bryan. May it be a long and happy marriage.

KristineS
06-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Congratulations. I hope you two are very happy together.

cbscreative
06-24-2009, 02:30 PM
Congrats! Nothing beats a great marriage, but a great marriage doesn't just happen, it takes work (like a business). I fully agree with Patrysha, the rewards are worth it!

rezzy
06-24-2009, 06:03 PM
Hopefully, we will be able to have many years together. Up to this point, we have been dating for 5 years. :)

vangogh
06-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Safe to say you didn't jump right into the decision to get married then.

Dan Furman
06-24-2009, 06:40 PM
Safe to say you didn't jump right into the decision to get married then.

like I did (met July 3, married august 7)

Ten years this year. Lovin' every minute of it!!

Grats', Rezzy!

vangogh
06-24-2009, 07:34 PM
Dan, is it safe to say it was love at first sight?

huggytree
06-24-2009, 07:34 PM
being married is easy....its when you have kids that it becomes difficult...

not as much husband/wife time
more arguing & stress

Patrysha
06-24-2009, 08:24 PM
Have to disagree with you there huggytree.

Hubby and I will have been together 20 years as of next March. We had been together 11 years, engaged for 9 and had 2 kids before I walked down the aisle.

We get closer with each passing year...

rezzy
06-24-2009, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the all the well wishing.

Blessed
06-26-2009, 07:05 PM
Congrats Rezzy!
The day does come and go so fast doesn't it? Hubby and I are getting ready to celebrate 10 years in August :)

cbscreative
06-27-2009, 03:47 PM
Congrats Rezzy!
The day does come and go so fast doesn't it? Hubby and I are getting ready to celebrate 10 years in August :)

You two are still puppies, this Nov will be 24 for us. Then again, we have friends at church who have been married 42 years, so they call us puppies. :D

Congrats on the upcoming 10 years, that's a great mile marker!

rezzy
06-27-2009, 03:55 PM
You two are still puppies, this Nov will be 24 for us. Then again, we have friends at church who have been married 42 years, so they call us puppies. :D

Congrats on the upcoming 10 years, that's a great mile marker!

Any recommendations for the puppies? ;)

Evan
06-27-2009, 04:46 PM
Congratulations! :)

I'm enjoying the bachelor's club though...

cbscreative
06-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Any recommendations for the puppies? ;)

Yes, never stop dating!!!

Don't allow life to pull you in separate directions. Us guys usually don't need as much "communication" as women do. Seek to understand the differences between men and women (there are a lot of great books on that subject). Don't treat your wife the way you would like to be treated, find out how she wants to be treated, and what her needs are.

Also, let your wife know you can be a dunce. Her subtle hints and "communication" techniques that make perfect sense to her may not be interpreted correctly by you. Tell her to say things plainly enough that you "get it." Be honest with each other.

The most important one is we both mutually agreed from the beginning that the D word would never be discussed, and was not an option. This is a commitment you must both be totally sold out to. Feelings will come and go with highs and lows, and trials will come, but commitment must remain unchanged.

As long as you are dating and communicating with each other without allowing anything to come between you, you can weather any storm, and grow stronger after them. I know, my wife and I have gone through a lot together.

Patrysha
06-27-2009, 06:55 PM
Get the book "The Five Love Languages" and figure out what your love languages are...it makes the communication so much easier!!