PDA

View Full Version : Is your business blog doing it's job?

Enock Machodi
12-13-2015, 07:47 PM
What's your opinion about using a blog for your business?

Harold Mansfield
12-13-2015, 08:26 PM
I have a blog on one of my websites and it works out fine for me. Sometimes I blog about stuff that interests me that I think will interest others. Some articles are instructionals for clients. Some articles are intended to show expertise and attract people looking for help.

I think it's a great idea if you have a purpose and actually want to create content. If you're doing it begrudgingly because you think you have to, or have unrealistic expectations your blog will suck.

I actually wrote a blog post that talks about why some people/businesses should NOT have a blog.

RogerMudd009
12-14-2015, 03:52 AM
Using a blog for business, like anything will benefit some more than others. Are you currently using a blog specifically for business (ie. is this the primary place that you want them to visit)? Or are you using a blog to help your primary business?

Amber
12-19-2015, 02:59 AM
I think it's great. Though it helps if you enjoy writing. I don't hate it lol but I enjoy the subject matter, so that gets me through times when I want to give up. Are you planning to write yourself or hire someone else to write?

It can take a lot of time and dedication to write a quality post. Most of my blog posts are around 500-1000 words. I hear over 300 words should be minimal. I'm hoping that by posting at minimum once a week, that I'll be able to start gaining search traffic and ranking for certain keywords.

If you plan to hire someone to write for you, make sure they are well-informed (as you) about your business. IME finding and hiring writers can be a pain. But then again, writing blog posts yourself can be a pain too. It all depends on how much time you have, your writing skill, and your budget.

stevepalladous
12-23-2015, 03:42 PM
A good strategy can be to answer common questions your customers have. It has a double effect - 1. it's a nice quick way for you to send them an answer to an e-mail question "great question, I actually wrote a bit about that...". 2. if someone asked it, then others are wondering the same thing so it's good to have on your site for the people already there, but also gives you a chance to pick up search traffic from new people who are just looking for the answer before they consider your particular service etc.

shrinkme
12-23-2015, 04:38 PM
I have a Wordpress.com website, which works more like social media but it's still a blog. I write and some people read. I'm not really expecting too much from it. For some people and or businesses blogging can be great.

webdesigngeek
12-23-2015, 10:42 PM
I think that blogging can be great for your business. If you get in the habit of creating content, it can work out great. The key is to create content that people are looking for and want to see that is also relevant to your business. When you create content like this, you can drive more traffic. Then, the only issue is converting that traffic into sales or leads that you can follow up with. A blog can also be great for answering questions that people ask all the time and getting some targeted traffic to your website.

NahidHasan
12-30-2015, 02:48 AM
What's your opinion about using a blog for your business?

Using a blog for business is kind of must needed weapon for growth hacking. Though this is not true for every kind of business, but it works fine for most of the businesses.
Building a blog helps me to
==> Get SEO advantage
==> reduce bounce rate
==> Internal Linking Advantage
==> Social Shares
==> Email Subscribers
==> Build authority

The only challange is to find time for regular writing. If you have enough time and resource, then it is the game changing attitude.