PDA

View Full Version : Social media for small business

paygorilla
12-13-2015, 02:39 PM
Hi everyone. I need advice on how to approach social media for small business or small business owners. Any thoughts? what is the best strategy? Thanks a lot

paygorilla (Fernando)

washington79
12-18-2015, 03:28 PM
Depends on your products or services really. If you sell items, might as well post compelling photos on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram. If you provide services, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter are also ideal. Friday, Saturday and Sunday afternoons towards the evenings are the best times to post. Blogging will also help your customers understand your products/services more so you should do it regularly, and post the fresh ones up constantly on your social media.

David Hunter
12-18-2015, 05:38 PM
Social Media is just that... another form of media to reach your prospects and customers.

What is it you ultimately want to do?

grigorieva27
12-19-2015, 08:12 AM
my friend is engaged in the sale of accessories for mobile phones, and it is a successfully business in his town because he uses the social networks as Fb and Instagr.

PHCProducts
01-05-2016, 12:27 AM
Long story short just be active and genuine on as many social media sites as possible. Make sure to link from each platform to the content you've created, helps with SEO and adds value to the communities you are appealing to. Think of each platform as its own individual little lake with fish in it. Your potential visitors are the fish swimming in those lakes and you need to provide them a way to end up on your site. You need to make sure you fish in each of the ponds in order to maximize the fish you catch.

brodel34
01-05-2016, 04:36 AM
1. find out who your target customer is to determine your demographic
2. look at each platform individually and find out where these people are on the platform
3. market to them and engage with them the best possible way. you will have to research all of this in relation to your niche.

Ola Rybacka
01-05-2016, 07:25 AM
The main advantage of promoting your business in social media is being in touch with your customers almost 24h per day. You know their opinions and habits directly and have a chance to adjust your product to their needs. That's why you should try your hand on eg. Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.

I always repeat that the key to success here is providing great quality content. Why? Because there is a lot of people who are doing the same things as you and sometimes is hard to arise.

stevepalladous
01-06-2016, 03:30 AM
One thing to bear in mind with social media is that the networks often want to monetize in the long run by reducing your reach and becoming pay to play. A lot of business owners invested a lot of time and money building up organic Facebook audiences in the tens of thousands only to have posts reduced to being seen by 500-1,000 of those as Facebook turned to asking business pages to pay to reach their audience so don't make oversized efforts and investments in organic reach without being aware of the risk (I'm sure others like Pinterest, Instagram etc have similar plans in the long run since it's worked so well for Facebook). Having said that, pay to play isn't necessarily a bad thing, I've had huge success both for my own business and for client campaigns using Facebook ads as the targeting is just so insanely tight you really can get your content and offers out to the exact audience you want.

NahidHasan
01-06-2016, 12:34 PM
Hi everyone. I need advice on how to approach social media for small business or small business owners. Any thoughts? what is the best strategy? Thanks a lot

==> At first identify your target audience, and find where they mostly visit. Facebook is great, but it is competitive too. So I will suggest to start with small network and then gradually move towards larger networks.

==> Learn about some tools which will save your time and money. Success of social media marketing largely depends on consistency. So use tool like buffer (FREE) to automate the things. Buffer is a must having tool for social media marketing (have some alternative tool too).

==> Use canva for high quality engaging content. This is another must having tool. This one is FREE too.

Now what you have to do, create consistent engaging content and post on your social networks. Try to be as engaging as possible. Your success rate will depend on your engagement ability. You will get some valuable insights if you follow some of the big brands activities (from your niche).

I hope this information will help you being viral.