PDA

View Full Version : Do I really need an ERN to publish an iOS in the app store?

otinsillyvbyEugenex
12-10-2015, 01:22 PM
I'm new to this forum, so I'm not sure if this is the correct place or way to ask. Forgive me if it's not, I am getting desperate about this issue. I have an app in the app store that uses the Flickr API and a friend of mine recently pointed me to a blog post about how if I use an API I need an ERN or something like that

I asked the freelancer coder that built it for me and he said that he knew nothing about it. I'm confused. Is this true? do I need to get an ERN to publish an app in the iOS store when it's using the Flickr API?

Owen
12-10-2015, 01:47 PM
I'm new to this forum, so I'm not sure if this is the correct place or way to ask. Forgive me if it's not, I am getting desperate about this issue. I have an app in the app store that uses the Flickr API and a friend of mine recently pointed me to a blog post about how if I use an API I need an ERN or something like that

I asked the freelancer coder that built it for me and he said that he knew nothing about it. I'm confused. Is this true? do I need to get an ERN to publish an app in the iOS store when it's using the Flickr API?

I haven't heard anything about it. I just googled it and found nothing. Looks like it's fake, you should be fine.

Brian Altenhofel
12-10-2015, 02:05 PM
The only time you need it is if you are doing any sort of encryption, including using HTTPS outside of authentication-only scenarios. The Flickr API is fully HTTPS.

All of the information you need about it can be found here: https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/encryption

The ERN system is pretty well automated, and from what I've heard it only takes a couple of days typically to get out of Apple's export compliance phase.