PDA

View Full Version : Please give your opinion on my website

Jonathan Andersson
12-05-2015, 03:36 PM
Hi everyone,
I would love feedback from both developers and regular users.

The purpose of the site is to work as a portfolio and show of a bit of variety when it comes to color and design but still look professional. The whole site have been manually translated to both English and Swedish to avoid any misconceptions. If you find any errors in the English we would like to know.

Site getweb.se (https://getweb.se/)
A basic form you may follow if you like.

Do you like to overall look of the site?
Is it easy to browse?
Is something missing?
Something else?
Found an error?

The reason to chose us is mainly the price.

We are a new started company by students and we greatly appreciate any help we can get!

turboguy
12-06-2015, 03:37 PM
Just for a start on line one when you say "which got experience in web d" it should be who have instead of which got. In line two systemadministration is two words. system administration. I am sure there are lots more typos and if I get more time later I will look some more.

I am not too sure I find it easy to browse or that I am that happy with the overall look of your site. Sorry to say that but better to be honest. When I can I will try to make some suggestions to improve it.

Jonathan Andersson
12-07-2015, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the input turboguy I have corrected the errors you spotted. Feel free to give more feedback! :)

turboguy
12-07-2015, 10:25 AM
Under the section "Our Principal" change "higher" your earnings to "increase" or "improve" (increase would be my first choice but either would be ok)

In the same section I would suggest rewording the entire sentence that reads

"we will motivate the cost of your service from facts such as domain name, hosting and hours needed to give you a fair price."

To something like

We will quote you a fair price based on your need for a domain name, hosting and the time your job will require.

Under forms put a period after etc. and start a new sentence.

On your about page I would change the word "Head" to just "Is"

On the Services page change motivate to estimate

The sentence that reads " since we are doing this company in our studies" Should read since we are doing this business as part of our studies"

In the sentence that reads "can have such good prices it that we are two individuals that compliments" change the it to "is" take the "s" of compliments. It should be compliment

Jonathan Andersson
12-08-2015, 07:02 AM
Thanks once again! I have edited the text after your suggestions turboguy.

Bobjob
12-08-2015, 11:15 AM
For me it was too busy. The scroll was not smooth. It seemed easy to navigate.

KristineS
12-08-2015, 11:24 AM
I'd change the slogans in the banner that changes on the home page. "We offer the perfect services just for you" and " We let you inexpensively market yourself" are really bland. Use the slogans to emphasize why people might want to work with you. What makes you better? What do you offer that other companies can't offer?

Jonathan Andersson
12-09-2015, 10:48 AM
For me it was too busy. The scroll was not smooth. It seemed easy to navigate.

Could you please elaborate on how it was not smooth scrolling? When using laptop with a touchpad I have also felt that it moves a bit too quickly. I will look into it and see if there is a way to fix that issue.

I'd change the slogans in the banner that changes on the home page. "We offer the perfect services just for you" and " We let you inexpensively market yourself" are really bland. Use the slogans to emphasize why people might want to work with you. What makes you better? What do you offer that other companies can't offer?
Sounds like a good idea, I will come up with something better. Thanks for the input!

Bobjob
12-09-2015, 11:35 AM
When I slide my finger on my mouse to scroll the page, the page moves too quickly.

Anoura929
12-12-2015, 04:13 AM
on your about page you wrote " I am the most the experienced in PHP and will therefore do the backend for any ordered website." You don't need to say the two times. I bolded the error.

Jonathan Andersson
12-12-2015, 08:16 AM
on your about page you wrote " I am the most the experienced in PHP and will therefore do the backend for any ordered website." You don't need to say the two times. I bolded the error.
Thanks, I appreciate that you took the time and pointed out that error. It is now corrected.

houngie
12-12-2015, 06:43 PM
Hi there.
I like your enthusiasm about this idea.
I think calling yourself the founder & co-founder sounds much better than CEO and economy =)

Jonathan Andersson
12-13-2015, 08:02 AM
Hi there.
I like your enthusiasm about this idea.
I think calling yourself the founder & co-founder sounds much better than CEO and economy =)
Okay,
In our articles of association we have stated that I am CEO and Gustaf is our economist. I am not certain we would be allowed to call ourselves that. We share the same responsibilities except that Gustaf is responsible for accounting. Every important decision is decided upon our board meetings which only involves us two and we both have to agree.

Both of us is founders to the exact same agree. I think co-founder sounds degrading but maybe it is not?

Thanks for leaving your opinion, though we will need to further investigate this on Monday with an adviser before making a decision.