PDA

View Full Version : Cloud Software for Business Management and Sales

Apoxioman
12-05-2015, 01:08 PM
This is a question for business planners and owners which I hope will give me answers for my business plans.

If you have already decided to use such software, what made you choose a specific one?

I develop a product that have most of the features which competitive products have,
but I do not feel that's enough to go alive.
My strengths are purely technological. Clear and light interface, well thought out architecture
and various other improvements that create comfort in the work process like no extra clicks, delays and so on...

Unfortunately there are many similar products. I'm trying to figure out how to beat them.
So if you're in the mood, reply me with your thoughts.

I wish you all a successful business!

Harold Mansfield
12-05-2015, 02:17 PM
This is a question for business planners and owners which I hope will give me answers for my business plans.

If you have already decided to use such software, what made you choose a specific one?

I develop a product that have most of the features which competitive products have,
but I do not feel that's enough to go alive.
My strengths are purely technological. Clear and light interface, well thought out architecture
and various other improvements that create comfort in the work process like no extra clicks, delays and so on...

Unfortunately there are many similar products. I'm trying to figure out how to beat them.
So if you're in the mood, reply me with your thoughts.

I wish you all a successful business!

You haven't told us anything about exactly what your product is. What kind of software is it? What does it do?

Apoxioman
12-06-2015, 05:01 PM
You haven't told us anything about exactly what your product is. What kind of software is it? What does it do?

The product is a sales manager with POS.
It should help selling things that you produce/trade.
The point of sale part is like Shopify's POS, covering most common business models.
The management part synthesize statistics on the sales, provides relevant income, revenue, resource consumption/occupancy reports
that should allow you to get business decisions and load your business at full capacity.

Harold Mansfield
12-07-2015, 10:43 AM
The product is a sales manager with POS.
It should help selling things that you produce/trade.
The point of sale part is like Shopify's POS, covering most common business models.
The management part synthesize statistics on the sales, provides relevant income, revenue, resource consumption/occupancy reports
that should allow you to get business decisions and load your business at full capacity.

Sounds nice. So back to your original question..

If I were in the market for something like this, a product that promises to help organize and simplify my sales process, I would look at their own salesmanship to determine if they actually understand sales. Things like this are generally better when created by someone who is solving a problem that they've discovered from experiences.

It would probably look at it because it was suggested to me by someone else, or I read about it, or saw a nice looking ad.
I would look for a nice website the does a good job of explaining what it does and is well done. Maybe a video or two about what the software has to offer.
I'd look for a well done mobile app (after all sales for most people happens away from the desktop), integration with other widely used business applications, and structured pricing based on need.

Last but not least I'd need a free trial and after that I'd determine if this was something that was helpful, or just a replica of things I already have or are already out there.