PDA

View Full Version : been trying everything and still not seen by Google dearch engine, need help!

pplusent
12-04-2015, 01:58 PM
I built a new web site and published it, but I done show up on Google. I have tried several SEO programs and have gotten no where. I have no idea what a back link is, I do have a blog and have Google analitics, ad-words, a mobile site and running Bing adds, Facebook like button, pintrist, but nothing. can't afford to spend any more on the site. I need some help! What happen to the days of just writing the HTML code and putting in the right Keywords? I don't have employees and I am the one doing all the work. There is not enough hours in the day to keep up with all the social media, there must be some solution for a small business that doesn't have millions of dollars.

Harold Mansfield
12-04-2015, 05:17 PM
What do you mean you're not seen by Google? That your site isn't indexed in the search engine at all? Or that you're just not getting traffic or any ranking for your keywords?

We can't even begin to try and help you without seeing the site.

halbanese
12-04-2015, 07:11 PM
Hi,
When did you build the site? It takes Google some time to index it. The same goes for the other methods you're using.

Good luck!

pplusent
12-04-2015, 11:23 PM
Hi,
When did you build the site? It takes Google some time to index it. The same goes for the other methods you're using.

Good luck!

When I search for my site the only time it shows up is if I search for the url address, if I search by key words it isn't in the first 50 pages of results.
The web site url is http://www.thehanginghamock.com, it won't even come up if I search for "the Hanging hammock" it has to be the exact web address.
The site has been up going on 5 months and we are about to give up on it.

pplusent
12-05-2015, 01:11 PM
The site has been up for about 5 months. If you search any of the key words or even the site name it does not come up in the first 300 results on google. The site will show up if you search with the exact URL address. The blog does show up in the search results.
We are not taped out for money for a marketing person and have a lot of inventory to move, so we need input on how to fix the site.

Harold Mansfield
12-05-2015, 02:14 PM
When I search for my site the only time it shows up is if I search for the url address, if I search by key words it isn't in the first 50 pages of results.
The web site url is http://www.thehanginghamock.com, it won't even come up if I search for "the Hanging hammock" it has to be the exact web address.
The site has been up going on 5 months and we are about to give up on it.

Your URL isn't thehanginghamock.com. It's thehanginghammock.blogspot.com. You're merely doing a redirect, and you don't get any SEO juice for that. Also "the" is called a stop word and not recommended to use in your URL.

I can tell you right up front that you will never get a blogger blog (or any free solution) to rank for anything and even if you spend months on it to so, you still won't make any sales.
This is not a solution for a serious ecommerce or business site. They haven't done anything with it in years, don't offer great tools and it's very limiting with what you have control over.

Blogger is for blogs. There are very few blogger blogs that rank for anything anymore. Of the ones that do they are mostly Google blogs.
The only reason Google keeps it around is because they use it for their own communications and it's a nice free offering for people who just want personal blogs.

This is a very competitive space with a lot of large companies in it who spend on marketing, website design, and user experience. You will never crack the surface just doing what you are doing.

My advice is to stop spending your money on SEO, Ads and whatever else you're spending it on, and get serious about building a real website that looks like it wants to do business with people.

Fulcrum
12-05-2015, 03:16 PM
To add to what Harold said about rebuilding a website.

1) Too many spelling mistakes
2) Too many grammar mistakes
3) The number 01188 at the bottom (tells me you are getting some hits)

I would recommend that ewe higher a pro to build your sight. Get a copyrighter - or at least a editor.sp,.

mistysage
12-05-2015, 03:28 PM
Wow! Yes, Hammocks and what you like (http://thehanginghammock.blogspot.com/) is a 'backpage' website, if I may say that, but your new website at hammock site with the best hammocks for the best prices (http://www.thehanginghammock.com/product_page1_003.htm) is up and running as a domain! You have made progress!
I shall do my best to contribute some tips that will help you as soon as you implement these techniques!
This post is my first one here so I hope to bring positive information and steps that folks can take to help their website and business, today! I am learning too, so I can learn by helping those who have questions, and when I do research, it shall deepen my understanding of the very necessary SEO techinques that every website should implement. BTW, I am no expert, yet, but I am willing to share what I do know, while I learn, so please don't take anything figuratively or fanatically, please use your own discretion and realize I am just trying to help!

Let's go, hope you have patience, and will take these techniques and figure out how they can help you:
First of all, straight to your new domain website.
The main page should be your category page. Great pictures that all point to your order page. That is all good and that category page's pictures are beautiful! Ok, but not the rest of the page! Your name sign is too small, and should go across the whole page in the same color, centered. (I am just going with what I see, please don't take offense:you asked, and I can tell ya'll are kind folks, and me too)!
Then the category bar needs to be a bright pretty color, also centered. The background color of the whole site could really be any of those brilliant colors in the hammocks that you could bring forth, and any of those bright colors would still match your business' sign.
That is all just for the visionary aspect of one page...
Onto SEO tips: Always include the http part of your web address anytime you share your link, especially with videos and pictures.

Next, immediately do meta descriptions on all your wonderful pictures (once again, I am just going to look at your category page, which I think should be your frontpage page). What this means is that in the photo editor that you used to store the photos that you downloaded from onto your site has editing options, and a place to enter the descriptions. Here is where you will place the sacred SEO keywords. You already know your keywords, but doing some research on your search terms is absolutely necessary to any kind of SEO success. Start there.
Compile your pictures photo's descriptions with just a few rich keywords.
Please research optimizing your website's pictures more, you will be glad you did!
I would say that is enough for now, because as website optimization newbies, a little bit at a time will go a long way. Doing specific research for website picture optimization techniques, will lead you to the next lesson you need to get your website in top shape, so you can offer your products in a dignified, and successful way! Great Hammocks, and I want one!
Last thing to say again, there is no SEO success without keyword research. Then optimize everybit of text on your pages with the classy usage of those keywords. Just looking up keyword research tools will do you wonders!

krymson
12-10-2015, 05:19 PM
There is a TON of work that goes into SEO. The days of writing HTML and stuffing your pages with keywords is about 8 years removed now. As SEO is a major part of my current job, allow me to share some of the TON of work that goes into it.

The most important thing is a properly designed site that is visually appealing and easy to navigate below is my SEO tips.

First off you need to do keyword analysis. You need to see which keywords that pertain to your website/niche/product people are searching for and start focusing on those.

What I do with that information is I start to look at the trends of those keywords and see which words are falling and which are rising based on average monthly searches. this will tell you what keywords people are shying away from and which ones are becoming more popular.

After that I create "Long-Tail (http://www.wordstream.com/long-tail-keywords)" keywords to focus on getting the people who are actually searching to buy or whatever it is you do with your products.

Then I focus on creating great content, free of grammatical errors (btw I am no content writer we have people that write for us). You want content that is beneficial to the reader, not what you think is beneficial. For instance something beneficial is how to hang your hammock... Something not beneficial an article on how hammocks changed the way people slept off of the ground... no body really cares about that, although it my be interesting to you... people would rather know how to hang their hammock and make sure it's not gong to fall.

A back link is a link from another website that links to your website. These are only useful if the links make sense otherwise it will harm you. A link from a local automotive dealership means nothing to your site where as a link back from a local home living/decor shop would be way better as those site are more relevant to yours than the automotive. Reach out to those types of relevant businesses/websites and you want ones with authority. Moz's toolbar (https://moz.com/tools/seo-toolbar) is a great way to see who has authority and who doesn't. You want to look at the DA (domain authority) number... it goes from 1-100 and the higher the better. As a link back from them will help raise your domain's authority.

During all of that you'll want to do some competitive analysis. What are your competitors doing that's working what are they doing that's not working so you don't spend time and money learning the same lessons? What are they not doing that you could be doing that could work?

Contrary to popular belief, SEO is not something that is easy, does not take very long, is inexpensive. Quite the opposite. Now if you're willing to shell out some cash you can hire someone to manage it for you which, if you're really serious about your business, is a wise investment.

dewalds86
12-14-2015, 07:41 AM
The good old days of just adding html code and putting in keywords are long gone. Google has a big emphasis on high quality content these days. That means you need content that is unique and original and not copied from another website. You also need to use your main keyword in your content allong with different versions of that keyword. Your content on each page needs to have at least 300+ words together with unique and descriptive meta titles, meta descriptions, H1 headings and img alt tags.

A back link in simple terms is a link on another website with good authority that points to your website.