PDA

View Full Version : Suggested Category: Social Media

KarenB
06-15-2009, 04:47 PM
Hello Team,

I suggest a category devoted to social media: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.

The social media horizon is expanding daily and its impact is huge.

If we snooze, we'll lose on this horizon.

So many businesses don't even know how to get started, let alone maximize their presence on these sites.

I feel that everyone could benefit greatly from a separate category for this very important aspect of our marketing efforts.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,

Karen

vangogh
06-15-2009, 05:14 PM
I was thinking we should add one too. Maybe as a subforum of internet marketing at first. We do get enough threads about social media sites to merit at the very least the subforum.

Thanks for bringing it up. Let's see what others say, but I'm inclined to add the new subforum.

nighthawk
06-15-2009, 05:36 PM
I dont think we need another sub category just yet. In the last month, only 12 threads have received a reply in the internet marketing category, of them 3 were regarding social media.

I just think creating a sub category now will make the forum look a bit too empty. Id rather see fewer categories that look busy, than lots of empty categories.

KristineS
06-15-2009, 06:12 PM
I think it's a good idea, but Gavin has a point too. Maybe we just need to make more of a point to start more social media threads first, and then make a sub category when it's warranted. I do think more discussion of Social Media would be helpful.

greenoak
08-18-2010, 07:48 PM
i hope for more social media threads too....its pretty major for our store...
......its a whole new world...and our customers are there...im more interested in that than seo or web rankings etc....but im not going for an online business like many on here......

vangogh
08-19-2010, 01:35 AM
I still like the idea of having social media as a forum or subforum, though I might call it social networking instead. I'm still thinking a subforum of internet marketing is most appropriate at the moment. In time I think both social media and seo are worthy of their own forums sections, but for now what does everyone think of adding a social subforum to the internet marketing forum?

Ann I think I will do something, but let's let others weigh in for a couple or three days and see what everyone thinks and what other ideas people might have for reorganizing that area of the forum.

cbscreative
08-19-2010, 01:59 PM
I like the idea of calling it social networking, and it certainly is a timely subject. I think it will gain momentum over time too since it is becoming increasingly important to many businesses.

vangogh
08-19-2010, 04:31 PM
I think in time both it and the seo subforum could be full forums. I was looking through Internet Marketing last night and a lot of the posts are about Twitter or Facebook or similar. More than enough to fill a subforum so I'll likely create one and move some posts in when I have some time. (Do I ever have any time?). Figured we could give everyone a few days to offer other suggestions or tell us why we're nuts for wanting a social networking subforum. Of course if no one chimes in then they get to live with whatever changes take place.

greenoak
08-21-2010, 06:34 PM
the internet marketing category seems ok to me....seems like it already fits there pretty well... ....and plenty of room..i can see leaving it alone or a dding a new category just for social...but then blog is social.......im just hoping for lots of facebook talk and insight..
.i dont do it to the depth of eborg.... but i do have a real active page going on all the time......and thanks to reading here....a landing page...which i cant easily see/check on becasue im an admin.... i dont do the actual work...and dont know how to get there without my dil...
KAREN... whats your facebook presence like? what do you think works for a brick and mortar? i would love to hear...