PDA

View Full Version : Coffee

Nelson
11-18-2015, 04:29 AM
I always asociated coffee with business. People often talk about business and share their ideas while having a coffee. I like drinking coffee and i consume it every day.

I created this thread to find out how you like your coffee. What brand? From which country are the coffee beens? How you want it to be made?(filter, coffe machine, boiled in a kettle...) You like a snack beside your coffee cup or not. You want to have your coffee on a terrace or inside...and so on...

I know the most users on this forum are from US and they like it "large and black" (big joker over here), but maybe we can find out more about coffee culture.

I will start first: I like the coffe made by a gas station's restaurant francize (OMV). It's made by a italian coffe machine, very aromated, served with a small cookie and a glass of water at the end.

Harold Mansfield
11-18-2015, 11:56 AM
I have a Keurig, cappuccino machine, and just a regular drip coffee maker. Not sure if it's the old Army in me, or years of working behind the bar but I prefer just the regular old brewed coffee. I'll get a fancy bean every now and then, but I'm good with the mid range brand, some flavored creamer and sugar.

I've also been drinking coffee since before coffee got fancy, so I'm probably more crusty old timer who just wants a decent cup without all the frills.
I'll buy a $250 bottle of whiskey before I buy a $10 cup of coffee or $80 bag of beans.

turboguy
11-18-2015, 12:47 PM
I am a nearly non stop coffee drinker but like Harold I just like plain old simple coffee. I can't say I even like Starbucks coffee which is a bit stronger and more bitter than I enjoy. We have a Bunn coffee maker in the office that goes thorough about 6 pots a day and I have a drip coffee maker at home that goes through another pot a day. I am not much of a fan of the Keurig. I can make a pot for about the same price as a cup of coffee with a K-cup. Perhaps if I liked a cup or two a day I might consider that a good option.

Nelson
11-18-2015, 02:06 PM
Aren't those K-cup capsules, full with unhealthy conservants and colorants? I never used or opened one and i couldn't find anithing about ingredients on the web.

Fulcrum
11-18-2015, 05:04 PM
Timmy's coffee here when I go past one. Won't touch Starbucks cause I can never figure out which option is considered regular (they look at you funny when you ask).

Brian Altenhofel
11-18-2015, 05:12 PM
If any light passes through the coffee in the pot, it's not good coffee. If it doesn't leave rings down your mug as you drink it, it's not good coffee. If you need to add cream or sugar, it's not good coffee.

I drink Sumatra coffee. Brand depends on where and when I buy it, but I buy whole bean. Grind it finely, then fill the filter basket about 3/4 full (any more and the water runs over in my coffee maker).

I personally go through 1-1.5 pots per day, though sometimes I'll finish the second pot. When I go do on site work for clients, I'll often bring my own coffee in an insulated metal container. Most office coffee tastes like dirty water to me. Before I was introduced to Sumatra, I drank Folgers Black Silk and never could get it strong enough for my taste. Black Silk looks light red when you shine a 200 lumen flashlight through the pot. Sumatra stays black.

I get a lot of "that coffee smells so good" followed by "how do you drink that" upon tasting.

I work out of my home, and quite often I will have several cups of coffee pair with a cigar or pipe to start the day. The only meal I will drink coffee with is breakfast.

I'm also the type that can drink a pot of coffee during the 4 hours right before going to bed and get a good 6 hours of sleep.

Brian Altenhofel
11-18-2015, 05:13 PM
Timmy's coffee here when I go past one. Won't touch Starbucks cause I can never figure out which option is considered regular (they look at you funny when you ask).

When I stop at the Starbucks in the city, they have no problem filling my order when I just say "biggest, darkest, strongest, black coffee you've got".

Business Attorney
11-18-2015, 06:21 PM
I've been drinking coffee for more than 40 years and I am not particularly picky. I definitely don't like it as strong as Brian. I have both a Keurig and a single cup drip coffee maker and use either for my first cup before heading to the train. I've recently been drinking mostly Starbucks at home but I must not make it as strong as they do in the stores, because in the stores even the Pike Place roast tastes burnt to me.

At the office, we have a Keurig and I drink the medium roast in the brand that our office manager buys. I don't care for the dark roast.

When I'm driving, my first choice on the road is Dunkin Donuts and my close second choice is McDonalds. I almost will never drive through any other places for coffee.

MyITGuy
11-18-2015, 07:07 PM
I never really touched coffee until about 3 years ago when I pickup a Starbucks Caramel Mocha with a protein box or other bakery item (Banana Nut Bread/Blueberry Muffin or Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake) on the side.

Since relocating to Miami with a Bistro just one floor below us, my coffee habit has increased to a cup of Cafe Con Leche (Coffee with Milk) on a daily basis (vs. irregular before) with a Guava and Cheese pastry.

My wife who absolutely hates coffee has recently acquired a taste for the Vanilla Bean Frapachinno with 2 pumps of Cafe Mocha in order to get some caffeine in the drink

Anoura929
12-13-2015, 12:21 AM
I like acidic coffees done in a french press. French presses bring out the best in coffee. I took a two week coffee class and remember how different coffee tastes when you don't make it in one.

shrinkme
12-13-2015, 12:22 PM
Interesting question... I am currently drinking Caribou coffee from my Keurig. I like Dunkin Donuts and some Starbucks. I will do McDonalds coffee on occasion.