PDA

View Full Version : Who does your business cards?

steppinthrax
11-06-2015, 12:26 AM
Just curious. I have a logo and everything. I just don't want it to look like they came from a inkjet printer!!! I'm thinking online (visaprint)

tallen
11-06-2015, 05:31 AM
Besides vistaprint, also take a look at gotprint.net (have used both).

Haven't used them, but another option might be moo.com

webfanatic
11-06-2015, 06:46 AM
I have used Vista Print for years. They have all kinds of paper stock and they will custom design you a card if you don't want to use their standard templates.

turboguy
11-06-2015, 08:18 AM
I used to use a local printer but have used Vista Print for the last two orders of business cards. The first time I used them was for the services part of my business and I used one of their stock business card templates. It was nice and very inexpensive. The second time for the products part of my business I had a custom card made up. It came out nice but they added a lot of charges and I thought it was way overpriced. Somehow I ended up with a magazine subscription that I think I ended up paying for and really wasn't that interested in. I believe for those starting in on a shoe string they also have free business cards that have a Vista Print ad on the back. I would not go that route but for some struggling entrepreneurs that might be a good option.

MyITGuy
11-06-2015, 08:56 AM
uprinting.com - Have used them for years.

Brian Altenhofel
11-06-2015, 11:53 AM
I've used moo, uprinting, and VistaPrint. I prefer Moo just because of some of the options available, but uprinting is right on par with them. VistaPrint was subpar in my opinion.

Harold Mansfield
11-06-2015, 12:36 PM
I do Moo Cards, but have used Vistaprint before and was pretty satisfied with them for a basic card. I even printed my own once back on the day. Those sucked.

The last time I gave someone my business contact info in person we did the NFC transfer thing with our phones. It was pretty cool. I've also just messaged them (or shared) my contact info, and they responded with theirs. Both of these things only work and are cool if the other person knows how to work their phone. Otherwise it's less time consuming to just hand them the card.

I am looking for an NFC card solution though. Moo was supposed to do it, but they seemed to have put it on the back burner.

Brian Altenhofel
11-06-2015, 02:58 PM
Moo has the NFC cards now. Business Cards+ (http://www.moo.com/us/products/nfc/business-cards-plus.html)

I might have to do those on the next batch.

Harold Mansfield
11-06-2015, 03:04 PM
Moo has the NFC cards now. Business Cards+ (http://www.moo.com/us/products/nfc/business-cards-plus.html)

I might have to do those on the next batch.

Wow! It's about time. Thanks for the link.

BusinessBySusan
11-08-2015, 09:41 PM
Vista print is good for basic cards.

I use a local printer here who does HIGHER quality at better rates.

jazmineofi
11-09-2015, 03:55 PM
I like using canva.com just because of how simple and easy the interface is, but the templates are pretty limited as far as using your own logos/designs.
I would suggest going to a local shop (craigslist, google, yelp etc can help you) so they can provide with true physical samples from previous work history. That way you can make sure it is up to your standards before pursuing the investment.

CashControlGuru
12-07-2015, 04:32 PM
Moo.com is my favorite business card printer online. The main reason I like them over Vistaprint is that I can have a different design on every card. While my logo is on each card, what's backing the card can vary and keeps the cards interesting.

Flintrock
12-11-2015, 07:04 PM
I have used Vista Print and have been very satisfied.

MediaJake
12-14-2015, 02:31 PM
I used a company that is based in San Francisco, they had them made in China, very good quality and unbeatable price. Morning Print, that's their name.