PDA

View Full Version : noisey neighbors in red neck territory

huggytree
06-12-2009, 10:40 PM
i live in a subdivision...2 acre lots...average middle class houses on them...nice, quite(used to be), woodsy, family neighborhood...

very conservative city (like 80% republican)...very redneck!...i can hear gun shots going off all the time....there is farm land/hunting area's...some people doing target practice...i love guns and enjoy hearing Freedom!!

buuuuut....im having some issues with engine noise....one NEW neighbor bought his kid a 1969 pontiac boneville or something like that....he spent 6 hours just reving the engine...over and over and over and over....typical 1969 exhaust system...pretty much no muffler.....we called the cops and they had enough complaints that they showed up and stopped it...turns out they were doing some adjusting of the carberator....for 6 hours!!!!....its a 16 year old kid w/ his first car...doesnt have a license yet....after the police i still hear here it once in a while...the kid must sit in his garage reving the engine.. i was young and stupid...i blame the parents not the kid..

we have another noise maker neighbor...his kids are out of control...police know him by name....him and all his friends have large 4x4's with the semi exhaust pipes coming out the back of the cab going up in the air(just like a semi)...they rev their engines constantly....today they got new atv's....extremely loud...spent 6 hours driving them around the 2 acre lot...reving and reving and reving....over and over and over...so loud i can hear it through the walls....i had to leave and take the kids to the park...

yea i called the cops again...you need 3 complaints for them to do something...we called our 2 friends who like quiet...neither was home...the kids were home at one house...they said the noise was driving them crazy too...

am i too fussy?.......for once im not thinking about work....im thinking of ways to get back at my neighbors....i may buy some Yodeling music and a loud speaker...aim it right at their house when they ride their ATV i will Yodel

Evan
06-12-2009, 11:36 PM
Glad I live in a neighborhood with mostly "older" folks.

If I were you, I'd probably try soundproofing the house!

Blessed
06-13-2009, 08:11 AM
Yodeling sounds like a great idea.

We live in a neighborhood, in town, and when we first moved here most of our neighbors owned their homes... now, most of them rent their homes. The neighbors across the street from us and the ones two doors down are both fairly new and very loud... I haven't called the police yet, but I've been tempted! We need a bigger house so we're looking at moving - I sure hope that happens soon, and that when it does we get to move someplace quieter!

dynocat
06-13-2009, 11:35 AM
.i love guns and enjoy hearing Freedom!!

People working on cars and driving ATVs on their own property is also the sound of "Freedom."

Blessed
06-13-2009, 03:29 PM
People working on cars and driving ATVs on their own property is also the sound of "Freedom."

Yes it is.
But sometimes... when that "Freedom" happens at 10 and 11 at night and wakes up my baby who then cries and fusses and has a hard time going back to sleep for an hour or more it gets me irritable.

Of course our situation is different than HuggyTree's we live in a subdivision in town where the houses are close together and the lots are all smaller than a 1/2 acre. Our noises are usually - loud exhausts from jacked up red-neck pick up trucks and blaring music - if it's coming from the trucks it's country, if it's coming from the house across the street it's rock... same difference to me. If you live in a neighborhood and you are playing your music in your driveway loud enough for me to clearly hear it and understand the lyrics when I'm in my house with the windows closed, the AC on and my own radio playing - your music is too loud. If we lived in a development on 2 acre lots I'd be a lot more understanding, I'd have to be - because we'd be out there riding our 4-wheeler too :)

Steve B
06-14-2009, 04:01 AM
I wouldn't get into it with them with the yodeling or anything similar. They've got too much time on their hands and it will just make things worse (I'm guessing you were kidding anyway).

Keep calling the cops. I like the idea of getting others organized so you can all take turns calling it in. If they aren't breaking the law - then you'll have to move to an area with a more reasonable sound disturbance law. I don't think a requirement of three complaints is at all reasonable - with 2 acres seperating each house - the noise may only be a problem for one or two people nearest the source.

huggytree
06-14-2009, 10:03 AM
i know someone 6 houses away(12 acres) who complained about the engine reving from the 16 year old...it was very baddd

the gun shots are just little taps....tap...tap...tap,tap.....maybe goes on for 10 minutes or a few times a day....always a bit in the distance...

the engine reving is Coooonnnstant....never ending.....on & on & on....very different...

people need to realize they have neighbors and arent the only people in the world....

i have another one who abandons cars in his yard...ive reported him for having no license plates....he had 10 cars stored in his yard at one point....i knocked him down to 4 that year....if they would have been in his backyard it wouldnt be so bad, but they are next to his house and he has a big spotlight on the electrical pole which lights them up at night...he now has a large mobile home parked there too...i think one of his kids lives there....just a bad neighbor...

i really live in a beautiful neighborhood....just 3 dumbies out of 150.....its built around a lake(private access)....rolling hills, woods, deer everywhere, turkeys....lots of old people, piece and quite most of the time......out the back of our house we cant even see a neighbor..

me and my wife talk about subdivision rules all the time...our next house will probably have them..its important to keep house values up and giving basic rules does that....otherwise people can have a junkyard in their front yard and ride atv's around their 2 acre lot yelling YaaaHewww all day long....just -$10,000 off the price of my house because of 2 jerks...

i keep my work van in the driveway...subdivision rules would not allow this...so ill have to build a Super size garage to hold it....will they allow the small semi's to deliver parts to my house?
i always want to keep my shop at my home.

Steve B
06-15-2009, 07:48 AM
Many sub-divisions wouldn't allow you to run a business out of the home. Garaging the van will usually be enough, but the deliveries could be a problem.

I run my business out of the house. My van won't fit in the garage because of the ladder racks - so it's always visible. But, I get all my stuff delivered to the UPS store. The size of your deliveries might make that impossible.

Ad-Vice_Man
06-15-2009, 11:03 AM
Many sub-divisions wouldn't allow you to run a business out of the home. Garaging the van will usually be enough, but the deliveries could be a problem.

I run my business out of the house. My van won't fit in the garage because of the ladder racks - so it's always visible. But, I get all my stuff delivered to the UPS store. The size of your deliveries might make that impossible.

This is totally off topic steve, but if you're burying line in the ground for the invisible fence what do you need a ladder for?

Steve B
06-15-2009, 08:49 PM
I like that you're paying attention. I actually use the ladder racks to hold some 4" PVC pipes that I use to store 1/2" CPVC pipes. I use the small pipes to protect the wire when I go through flower beds or through gravel driveways etc.

billbenson
06-19-2009, 06:58 PM
If you really wanted to be vindictive, get a parabolic dish and shoot a high pitched tone at them. They wouldn't know where it was coming from and it would be very annoying.

Never tried the above, but it should work? Thought about it with a couple of obnoxious neighbors I have running gas powered remote control cars in front of my house at 1:30 am. I'm in a real quiet subdivision as well. Mostly elderly here.

huggytree
06-21-2009, 02:30 PM
i like your idea's Bill....the ATV's stopped....they got sick of running in circles on 2 acres pretty quickly....neighborhood is quiet once again....ahhhhh

Ad-Vice_Man
07-02-2009, 01:38 PM
I like that you're paying attention. I actually use the ladder racks to hold some 4" PVC pipes that I use to store 1/2" CPVC pipes. I use the small pipes to protect the wire when I go through flower beds or through gravel driveways etc.

ok that does make sense now.