PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone! Are you as busy as I am?

Blessed
06-11-2009, 02:41 PM
I've been away forever it seems... anyway - I've browsed through the "new threads" and there are some great conversations going on around here.

I'm very busy with work right now (so much for the bad economy, huh?) and will have a new baby too within a week!

It's good to be busy with work, especially since my income is going to pay off our last debt in order for us to be debt free except for our mortgage - after that it will go towards letting us do things as a family, improve things around the house and pay for our kids education!

Are the rest of you busy? I don't have a lot scheduled in the future but every time I start wrapping up a project another one lands in my lap - it seems like people aren't ordering ahead of time, but they are waiting until they are ready with the funds to pay for what they need and then they need it quickly. I have enough work now to keep me busy through at least mid-July and I know that come August/September a couple of my clients have things that they always need then so I'll have work again!

vangogh
06-11-2009, 03:06 PM
I don't have a ton scheduled right now, but I've been getting small one or two day projects lately that are keeping me busy. This week I've yet to work on anything I was thinking I would be working on when I went to sleep the night before.

A few things are potentially lining up to keep me busy for the next month or so. Overall not too busy, but busy enough to keep me working every day and to keep me from working on some personal projects.

KristineS
06-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Glad to hear things are going well, Blessed. You know you'll have a little bit of downtime when the new baby gets here. By the way, did he get a name yet?

Paper Shredder Clay
06-11-2009, 05:40 PM
First, congrats on having a new born soon. Second, yeah I am busy. Busy at work and busy at home with freelancing. The economy is still bad on me, as my pay at work has been cut because of the economy.

huggytree
06-11-2009, 09:43 PM
I am the busiest ive been all year right now...im working 10 hour days in the field and 2 in the office. I have been doing piddly little projects all year...i finally have been selling large projects again....now all my projects are large w/ a few medium ones....no small ones anymore.

all the remodeling and new home projects which have been being planned from the spring are now being done....last year i was burried in Oct,Nov,Dec...and the finishes took me through feb....very lucky....i predict the same thing again...

im down 4% from last year in Gross, but my Net may be up.....im definately working less and making almost the same.

Its hard to find a plumber who still does Quality/Service....everyone is fighting to be the new cheap guy..im not and im doing well....ive recently raised my prices (yearly raise time)

the day school let out my homeowner calls stopped...not 1 in a week....last July my phone rang 5x the whole month from homeowner looking for small jobs/service work. Waterheaters must not leak in July.

Patrysha
06-11-2009, 10:46 PM
I am busy making work for myself.

Been going strong since before the Trade Show. One thing after another...and loving it.

It is so foreign to me to go back to work so soon after having a baby. I took 6 months with two of the three of mine.

Blessed
06-11-2009, 11:26 PM
I'd love to take some time off Patrysha - but my business can't handle it right now so... honestly, I'll be doing some work from the hospital room because I'm in the middle of a big ongoing annual project from one of my long-term clients right now. I'm not too worried about having a slow July though... it would be kinda nice if it was a bit slower than normal :)

Fortunately newborns are easy to care for while working from home - it's once they get mobile that it gets tough... so my 21 month old will be the problem :) But she has a bunch of cousins less than a mile away and an Auntie who loves to come pick her up to go play - so that helps tremendously!

Blessed
06-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Oh and no names yet Kristine. We talked about it some more while we were in the hospital earlier this week, but nothing has been decided yet... it's driving me crazy!

vangogh
06-11-2009, 11:31 PM
No name yet? But we gave you so many to choose from. I'm sure the name will come to you when it's supposed to.

KristineS
06-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Maybe you'll just have to wait until he's here and then see what he looks like.

nahinam
06-19-2009, 10:36 AM
First, congrats on having a new born soon and glad to hear things are going well, Blessed. I am new here and yes I am passing very busy time like you but this is a great place i found as well to share and know others :)