PDA

View Full Version : First site for review ebook-city.com free ebook website

nexxterra
10-20-2015, 05:59 PM
When you go to Home - Ebook-City (http://ebook-city.com) and browse, find an ebook add it to the cart then check out, is there anything you find that is not clear? is there anything that does not work?
What is your initial opinion? The site needs to be easy and feel "safe" as most users will be novice Internet users...I do not want them to feel it may be a scam.
Thanks for your time in reviewing.
Paul

nexxterra
10-20-2015, 06:01 PM
When you go to Easy-Legal-Forms.com | Legal Forms | Free Standard Legal Forms And Resources (http://easy-legal-forms.com) and browse, find a document you need add it to the cart then check out, is there anything you find that is not clear? is there anything that does not work?
What is your initial opinion? The site needs to be easy and feel "safe" as most users will be novice Internet users...I do not want them to feel it may be a scam.
Thanks for your time in reviewing.
Paul

nexxterra
10-20-2015, 10:07 PM
Moderator, you may not be familiar with a review, however, it is specific to ONE actual item and any discussion on this thread needs to be about ONE site and ONE site only. each of these websites differ in layout, product and the client they are meant to target, therefore, your decision to move 2 posts together does nothing to improve the user experience.
If you are so worried about bandwidth and HD space, I will send you a few dollars!
I can not gain the information I desire from combining these posts, that is why I separated them... would you as an affiliate marketer or someone learning SEO be in the market for a power of attorney or ready to write your will?
At least a decade of age difference along with other things separates these 2 sites demographics.

Harold Mansfield
10-21-2015, 11:42 AM
Moderator, you may not be familiar with a review, however, it is specific to ONE actual item and any discussion on this thread needs to be about ONE site and ONE site only. each of these websites differ in layout, product and the client they are meant to target, therefore, your decision to move 2 posts together does nothing to improve the user experience.
If you are so worried about bandwidth and HD space, I will send you a few dollars!

Way to make friends and influence people. I'm sure if another Mod combined your posts that they had a reason such as maybe you posted 2 sites for review back to back, which most times raises suspicions that you're just link dropping, especially from a member with very few posts and interaction on the forum and sites that are obviously not new online.

But that mod can speak for themselves.

As for the rest of your snark about how to run the forum. the lesson on what a review is, and the statement about bandwidth and sending a few dollars...again I'm sure you think you're clever but it actually just makes you look immature and small.

If we're not running the forum up to your standards either open your own or try giving some positive feedback and suggestions like a grown up. But making demands and smart ass remarks is no way to get anything done in this world, especially in business.

Harold Mansfield
10-21-2015, 12:11 PM
So here's your feedback on your sites:

Neither site is professional enough nor instills any confidence with me enough to put down my credit card number or give you my information. Especially compared to competing sites in the same niches that are much better done and have better content.

Your e-book site is full of old ebooks and information that any savvy Google user can find for free on old blog posts from a variety of tech, web, and marketing blogs. The design is plain, outdated, and doesn't show any kind of professionalism or that you actually care. It looks like you just plopped up a site of old ebooks that you found somewhere online, on a free theme with some adsense like people used to do 10+ years ago when the web was relatively new, people didn't know any better and competition was low.

Your legal forms site is much of the same. Many of the forms you have can be found all over the web for free, and some even on MS Word. This is a highly competitive space and you really need to go the extra mile with design and presentation if you want people to take your site seriously over all of the competitors online that offer the exact same thing.

It's obvious that ads are your revenue source, but you'll have to do better with design and content if you want people to stick around more than 10 seconds.

Confidence in both sites is low. The e-commerce check out functionality is not fluid, or easy to navigate. My cart isn't easily seen if I add something and go to a different page. The preponderance of big bright social media share buttons all over the place makes them look really amateurish, there's no Terms of Service, and no privacy policy about what you're going to do with my information.

Both sites load extremely slow and at one point the e-book site completely timed out when I tried to go to check out. I wasn't able to complete the process on either site.

Honestly you don't need 2 separate threads because you make the exact same mistakes on both sites. Bad, dated design, poor presentation, slow loading, too many poorly placed ads, cumbersome cart execution, old information.

nexxterra
10-21-2015, 02:24 PM
I am not sure how to take a review that states over and over again that one can get these items free on the internet when it is very CLEAR that this is one of these FREE sites... therefore, you are never asked for your credit card, and your information required is a minimal... additionally, both the customizer theme and the Terrifico theme are paid for versions!
That said, I thank you for the time you dedicated and I will look at the sites with these points in mind. But yes, the ebooks are dated, but 99% of them even released today are also dated or poorly constructed, that is why the price is what it is...FREE!

So here's your feedback on your sites:

Neither site is professional enough nor instills any confidence with me enough to put down my credit card number or give you my information. Especially compared to competing sites in the same niches that are much better done and have better content.

Your e-book site is full of old ebooks and information that any savvy Google user can find for free on old blog posts from a variety of tech, web, and marketing blogs. The design is plain, outdated, and doesn't show any kind of professionalism or that you actually care. It looks like you just plopped up a site of old ebooks that you found somewhere online, on a free theme with some adsense like people used to do 10+ years ago when the web was relatively new, people didn't know any better and competition was low.

Your legal forms site is much of the same. Many of the forms you have can be found all over the web for free, and some even on MS Word. This is a highly competitive space and you really need to go the extra mile with design and presentation if you want people to take your site seriously over all of the competitors online that offer the exact same thing.

It's obvious that ads are your revenue source, but you'll have to do better with design and content if you want people to stick around more than 10 seconds.

Confidence in both sites is low. The e-commerce check out functionality is not fluid, or easy to navigate. My cart isn't easily seen if I add something and go to a different page. The preponderance of big bright social media share buttons all over the place makes them look really amateurish, there's no Terms of Service, and no privacy policy about what you're going to do with my information.

Both sites load extremely slow and at one point the e-book site completely timed out when I tried to go to check out. I wasn't able to complete the process on either site.

Honestly you don't need 2 separate threads because you make the exact same mistakes on both sites. Bad, dated design, poor presentation, slow loading, too many poorly placed ads, cumbersome cart execution, old information.

Harold Mansfield
10-21-2015, 03:05 PM
I am not sure how to take a review that states over and over again that one can get these items free on the internet when it is very CLEAR that this is one of these FREE sites... therefore, you are never asked for your credit card, and your information required is a minimal
What are you doing with my information? Giving away free stuff in exchange for info is common, but you're not up front of your intentions.
You asked if I'd trust the site. My answer is no. A bunch of free stuff that I can find anywhere? Looks suspect to me. Like a trap.

People are smarter now about where they put their info. You can't just put up a generic site and ask for emails with no info on why, who you are, and what you're going to do with it. You have to earn my trust.

If you already know that there are many places to get this information what makes your site the one I should use? What are you doing to entice me over to you? Better content? Awesome articles, resources and blog posts? Great newsletter?

My point is that you're not doing anything differently than has been done by others with minimal effort just to get something up to plop some adsense on. You have to do more than just the basics today if you want to see any success.

.. additionally, both the customizer theme and the Terrifico theme are paid for versions!
Paid or free, it's not always the theme, it's what you do with it. You can make a free theme look like a million bucks with the right images, slight customization and stellar content. And a paid theme with no design or presentation skills will look poorly.

But yes, the ebooks are dated, but 99% of them even released today are also dated or poorly constructed, that is why the price is what it is...FREE!

So what's the point? You just admitted that you're giving away a crap product. People don't want crap even if it is free.

What I'm saying is that if you want to make money on ads, which is ridiculously difficult these days, you have to do more than offering a bunch of free stuff that can be found anywhere. Those days are over.

You need to actually have or create content that people actually want and need, and present it professionally.
You're not doing that. What you've created is basically just a couple of MFA's.

nexxterra
10-22-2015, 12:00 AM
As for information collected, I do not even want it... there is an account feature where those that download from either site can access their downloads all from their login which is their email... I like this feature, however, this seems to over ride the guest checkout in both easy digital downloads and woocommerce. I am working on this and may eventually eliminate the "account" and use a captcha to check out. As for the quality of content, this is basically week one of actually doing anything with these sites, I am reaching out now so I can go in the correct direction out of the gate.... Even as they are now, they are pulling in about .70 cents per day, that covers the hosting and domain!