PDA

View Full Version : Taxes on foreign profits?

MKD-Nick
06-10-2009, 03:52 AM
If I am a registered LLC here in the US, but operate all my business in a foreign country, under a Branch office, what are the tax rules if any, or are they the same as any profits?

I've heard many things on this issue, heard things on why large corps operate overseas and such, so was hoping to get this clarified with any kind of info!

So thanks a head of time for any help!

Evan
06-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Your question has too many variables.... how is the LLC taxed, what country, whether you (or other members) are all (or some) are US residents, etc., etc.

You are best consulting with a CPA, and one who deals with international businesses. Most deal with domestic only and will have to do research that may cost you an arm and a leg.

phanio
06-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Best to find a CPA that has knowledge in what you seek as well as can provide specific information for your specific business.

Stephen Krueger
06-15-2009, 01:57 PM
U.S. tax rules let companies defer paying corporate rates as high as 35 percent on most types of foreign profits as long as that money remains invested overseas.

Spider
08-10-2009, 11:06 AM

cbscreative
08-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Spam ........

Spammers get no benefits here. Spam turd cleaned up in less than 20 minutes, and the mutt that left it was ejected from the park.