PDA

View Full Version : Accounting services...

stevewalter
06-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Accounts are very important part of a business and it has to be kept properly maintained in the database for their use in future. You must keep the accounts records safely and accurately.The entire process of bookkeeping has become simple and cost-effective since the outsourcing services came into being. The vendor will complete the work on time, consideration the quality needed for your work. If you have further knowledge about accounting services and small business accounting services so, share with me.

john_212
10-21-2009, 07:33 PM
Thanks for your post. A friend of mine, recently in business for herself, is debating whether to do all the bookkeping herself or to spend the money on a bookkeeper/accountant (which is my humble opinion, to which her argument is 'have you seen accounting salaries and how much I would have to spend with money being tight right now?'). I've used your response with some other sites to convince and show her it's not as expensive as she thought.

Patrysha
10-21-2009, 08:21 PM
It really isn't - not even if you make less $$ per hour than your accountant. Because it is going to take you at least 5 times as long to accomplish the same tasks and you might not do it right the first time...leading to more hours.

So really, you ought to be able to come out ahead when you work it out that way for most small business owners.

Now if only I would take my own advice...I just don't like the idea of anyone local having access to my financial information. And going to the city is such a pain...

Evan
10-21-2009, 11:48 PM
She could hire somebody to do bookkeeping if that is what she wants. Hiring a bookkeeper as an independent contractor isn't expensive. Even using them to help you set up your books could be helpful.

Bookkeeping and accounting do differ, and generally the former cannot do the latter. Accountants can also prepare financial statements, provide assurance on their completeness (banks may require this if you get a loan), help with cash flows budgeting or forecasting, and also complete your tax return, in addition to being able to represent you before the IRS if you were audited. They can also provide all bookkeeping services as well.

There are many CPAs out there that deal with small businesses and aren't terribly more expensive than a bookkeeper. You can generally judge price by their location. If their office is in a sky scraper in the middle of your states downtown capital financial district -- chances are they're going to be a few bucks more than a guy who operates out of his home or has a small office in a suburban area.

sri74
10-29-2009, 03:20 PM
Correction in technical verbiage. A Certified Public Accountant can provide "assurance" on companies financials NOT an Accountant.

Evan
10-29-2009, 10:38 PM
Correction in technical verbiage. A Certified Public Accountant can provide "assurance" on companies financials NOT an Accountant.

Correct, but if you are looking up an accountant in the phone book -- you will only find CPAs (or old-school PAs). States usually require that anyone who advertises themselves to the public as being an accountant must be a CPA.

I can't just put an ad in the newspaper saying "Accounting Services from Joe" and not have the qualifications.