PDA

View Full Version : Multiple small ventures

sunkist
09-26-2015, 08:07 PM
Hello, sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this..

I have a few etsy shops with different names (and product types) and am preparing to add an online store with an additional name and completely different products. My question is about my shipping and merchant accounts; I am searching for a system that will allow me to have one account on my end but switch between multiple accounts when I make a sale so that the customer is charged from the brand they are buying. Or should I just use my umbrella LLC name?
Eventually the little shops will merge into one boutique but for now I was keeping them separate in case one flops and or one soars.

Fulcrum
09-26-2015, 09:54 PM
How about making the merge now and treating each shop as a different product line? In the event of a flop all you will need to do is discontinue the product line.

Harold Mansfield
09-27-2015, 12:14 PM
I would just use an umbrella LLC name.

SKUlabs
09-28-2015, 09:57 AM
It's pretty common for customers to see a parent company's name on their bank statements, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. As for the shipping, you can use a multi-channel shipping service (like ours, wink wink) to automatically change the ship from name, address, and even the logo on the packing slip depending on which store the order was placed on.