PDA

View Full Version : What is the most visited forum on the net?

andrewmoquin
06-08-2009, 12:50 AM
I was wondering if there is a forum that is the most popular among internet users, which forums do you like?

Thanks in advance....

vangogh
06-08-2009, 01:49 AM
I think DigitalPoint may be the most visited forum, though please don't hold me to that. I mostly post here and at Webmaster-Talk (http://www.webmaster-talk.com), where I'm also an admin. I joined the old version of this forum and WT at the same time and they continue to the be the two forums where I spend most of my time.

Lately I've begin to explore some niche WordPress forums, though I haven't had time to be really active in any yet.

Is there a reason you're looking for the most popular forum? Or just curious? To me it's more about finding the right community talking about a subject you're interested in. I don't know that any one or even a few communities could ever provide everything. You'll also find that popular doesn't equate with best. For example DigitalPoint is filled with some very low quality posts. It's part of how they've become so big.

Business Attorney
06-08-2009, 12:06 PM
There is a website The largest Message Boards and Forums on the web! (http://www.big-boards.com) that allows you to sort forums by various criteria, such as number of members, page views, posts etc...

vangogh
06-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Pretty cool site David. Interesting how many sites are at the top that I never think of as forums, like IMDB.

bizcard
06-11-2009, 05:24 PM
Heck! Gaia Online Forum is top 1... but isn't that an old game already?

vangogh
06-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Well the default ranking is based on the number of posts so older forums are more likely to come out on top. If you sort by average online users Gaia is no longer listed in the top 20.

I was clearly way off with my digitalpoint mention above. I guess I was too locked into the webmaster/seo space. I did manage to get them into the top 5 by sorting based on Alexa rankings.

nahinam
06-19-2009, 10:18 AM
I agreed with Vangogh Digitalpoint is the the top forum and they have a good rate of online user each and everyday which is very rare to other forums