PDA

View Full Version : Gathering appointments, sales, and leads from twitter?

veritasvisions
09-15-2015, 09:33 PM
I'd love to learn from everyone on this post as to what you have done to gather sales and leads on twitter. I know this works. I think i figured it out but let me know and maybe critique my approach.

Here is what i do to gain emails

1) I follow people in my targer market via manageflitter.com. It works well
2) Everyone that follows me, i send a thank you VIDEO MESSAGE
3) To all those who received a video message, I send them a twitter card. If you don't know what a twitter card is, it's essentially a way to collect emails by a click of a button while staying on twitter.

Let me know what you have done.

Harold Mansfield
09-16-2015, 12:24 PM
I've tried many different approaches with Twitter. Once I realized it was just a lot of people shouting and marketing all at once, I figured out what was the best way for me to use that to my advantage.

I now use Twitter as a way to connect with people in an industry who are influencers, and can help me promote to consumers or end users.

When I ran a music blog I used Twitter to follow artists, managers, record companies, and event organizers. Their follows, favorites, and retweets went to more readers than I could ever reach on my own.

On another account I use Twitter to connect with writers, blogs, and people in that industry for the exact same reason.

As for my web design and marketing business, I don't use Twitter as any kind of marketing tool for that business at all. I also stopped following other web designers and marketers on Twitter because I find the PM's irritating. IMO it's not the right tool for the job for my business and there's no reason for me to follow hundreds of other people in the same business all trying to do the same thing. We're not each others target market and most aren't creating any content that I'm interested in.

I don't expect potential clients to follow me on Twitter because I don't think people (buyers) shop for services that way. I expect them to call or email me. So my expectations of Twitter as a source of leads are low and I think there are much easier, more direct ways to attract phone calls at the time people are ready to buy or want more information.

My target market is generally over 35, running a business, not very tech savvy more than the basics, and doesn't spend a lot of time on Twitter. So I don't spent time trying to speak to them there.

But that's me. Other people will have different uses and experiences for their business. There are many ways to use SM. It's all about getting in where you fit in.

veritasvisions
09-16-2015, 03:07 PM
Yea i think it's hard to get some kind of leverage on twitter but very possible. A woman named Kim Garst has created a 7 figure business from twitter so there is potential.

WPCarer
09-17-2015, 05:08 AM
In the WordPress world I've noticed much the same thing, it's great for building a WordPress community, but at the end of the day it just turns into lots of people involved in WordPress talking to eachother and not reaching their target market. Our twitter tries not to add too many WordPress people but reaches out into SMEs, general business world, content marketing people etc.

DiScansano
09-17-2015, 10:32 AM
I was trying to use Twitter as a advertise tool, but i guess we will stick to Facebook. Twitter is not very popular in east europe country's, at least not as much popular as Facebook

99social
10-16-2015, 01:52 AM
I've tried many different approaches with Twitter. Once I realized it was just a lot of people shouting and marketing all at once, I figured out what was the best way for me to use that to my advantage.

I now use Twitter as a way to connect with people in an industry who are influencers, and can help me promote to consumers or end users.

When I ran a music blog I used Twitter to follow artists, managers, record companies, and event organizers. Their follows, favorites, and retweets went to more readers than I could ever reach on my own.

On another account I use Twitter to connect with writers, blogs, and people in that industry for the exact same reason.

As for my web design and marketing business, I don't use Twitter as any kind of marketing tool for that business at all. I also stopped following other web designers and marketers on Twitter because I find the PM's irritating. IMO it's not the right tool for the job for my business and there's no reason for me to follow hundreds of other people in the same business all trying to do the same thing. We're not each others target market and most aren't creating any content that I'm interested in.

I don't expect potential clients to follow me on Twitter because I don't think people (buyers) shop for services that way. I expect them to call or email me. So my expectations of Twitter as a source of leads are low and I think there are much easier, more direct ways to attract phone calls at the time people are ready to buy or want more information.

My target market is generally over 35, running a business, not very tech savvy more than the basics, and doesn't spend a lot of time on Twitter. So I don't spent time trying to speak to them there.

But that's me. Other people will have different uses and experiences for their business. There are many ways to use SM. It's all about getting in where you fit in.

Excellent advice, and as he mentioned, it's about finding which platform is best for your product/services.

turboguy
10-17-2015, 08:58 AM
I have not been very impressed with Twitter as a business tool. For that matter I can't say I care much for Twitter at all. Since I signed up I get tweets in my email that are basically spam and being involved with Twitter just gives me more spam to delete and wastes my time. I haven't even logged into my Twitter account in months.

Facebook seems to have some potential and I spend some time and effort on it. YouTube for me is wonderful. It is amazing how much good it has done for me.

99social
10-18-2015, 11:58 AM
Twitter does tend to be a lot of spam, and I think it's better for communicating with other people in your field for networking purposes, but as far as generating leads, I prefer other platforms.