PDA

View Full Version : JPG virtual printer

cocoy
06-05-2009, 10:54 AM
Looking for a printer driver that would "print" as a jpg file.

I have one to "print" as a PDF and was wondering if there is one similar for jpg. One with great quality/resolution. The CAD software I use has a jpg convertor, but the quality is pretty bad. I get better results by scanning a hardcopy and saving as a jpg.

Anyone have any other ideas or process?

nealrm
06-05-2009, 11:34 AM
I don't know of any driver that will print to a JPG. But we may have some suggests if you tell us the end use to the JPG file.

Vivid Color Zack
06-10-2009, 10:50 PM
Is there something similar to a screen shot on a mac that you can use on a PC?

nealrm
06-11-2009, 10:09 AM
The print screen will place a screen image into the copy buffer. You can then past it where needed.

Business Attorney
06-11-2009, 10:40 AM
What type of file do you want to print as a JPG file? I have a program on my home computer that allows you to save a web page as an image. Unlike the Print Screen function, it saves the whole page, not just what is visible on the screen. As far as I know, it only works on web pages.

orion_joel
06-13-2009, 02:42 AM
There are two options i think.

1. If you have Windows Vista there is a program called Snipping Tool, it will let you do basically a screen capture on a defined area of the screen. Basically you start the application and it lets you drag out an area on the screen and it then lets you save as jpg. However this only works for what is on the scren.

2. Your other option which does not limit you to the actual screen area, is using Microsoft Onenote. I have one note installed as part of office and it actually gives me the option in the Print Dialog to "Send to OneNote". Which is quite useful it makes the whole document, be it word, excel, firefox, into a suitable sized image. Then you can copy and paste the image, or i would imagine save it as a file itself.

Hope this helps.

Business Attorney
06-14-2009, 12:08 PM
I found out what I use. It is a Firefox addon called Abduction. It adds a line to your file menu and has its own keyboard shortcut. It lets you save a whole web page as a jpeg file (including parts not visible on the screen) or you can choose only a portion of a page. I highly recommend it.

nighthawk
06-14-2009, 04:01 PM
cocoy,

You can take a screendump of whatever you have on the screen by pressing the "print screen" key. You can then open any image editing program and "paste" the image into here. You would then be able to save as JPG.

A quick google search found two possibilities for printing to JPG, both are shareware though. Search for "print to image", there are bound to be some free programs out there somewhere.
Option 1: Print To Image - Export image from any printable applications.. (http://www.sharewareconnection.com/print-to-image.htm)
Option 2: Zan Image Printer - a Windows print to image (TIFF,JPEG,BMP,GIF,PNG,PDF,JPEG 2000) Virtual Printer Driver (http://www.zan1011.com/)

Let us know if you find something suitable, although Ive always just used print to PDF and found that adequate for all my needs.