PDA

View Full Version : Politics

Owen
09-15-2015, 01:45 AM
Instead of going to random topics, why not making a big thread regarding international politics? Let's kick it off.

I support Bernie Sanders, I do not support Donald Trump, I think George W. Bush was a horrible president, I think Obama is a decent president (Obamacare kinda sucks.) and I'm like 75% sure I'm democratic. Argue with me ;)

WPCarer
09-15-2015, 04:58 AM
Yep, you sound like a Democrat (thank God!)

turboguy
09-15-2015, 07:05 AM
I think Obama is a decent president (Obamacare kinda sucks.) and I'm like 75% sure I'm democratic. Argue with me ;)

I think Obama care more than sucks. It makes running a small business very difficult. Before Obamacare we had great insurance and paid about 47 grand for coverage for our 10 employees. Our annual increases since Obamacare have been as high as 70% For this year we will be paying 110 grand and to stay that low we had to quit providing coverage for most of our employees wife and family and make our coverage worse. We are still grandfathered in to not fully compliant programs and when we have to go fully compliant our coverage will be far worse and the cost will go up another 30%. Under the program we have been offering up to now if I hired an employee with a wife and kids I would pay more for the insurance coverage for them as he got in his paycheck. People complain about our wages being stagnant. I would love to up my pay scale but am stuck putting any money I could use for that into health insurance.

So on to the political discussion. Obama has had his good and bad parts. I would rate him below average as a president, mostly because he has been dictatorial and divisive and for his strong anti business beliefs and actions. I guess what I am saying is he got a little to active with executive orders and did not do well at having the two parties work together. Although we have two parties I don't think it needs to be one or the other. Other presidents have done better at uniting the country. For a long time we have been eroding what has made this country great and putting more burdens on businesses in the way of regulations and taxes. Obama was worse than most at making those burdens worse.

Bush, probably wasn't as bad as many of us think but many if not most do think of him as a bad president. Clinton did a good job but I hope his wife doesn't get in. Regan really was a fantastic president. Carter was the worst since Hoover.

Trump. Humm, The idea of him being President seems scary to me. I do think a lot of people are tired of needing to be politically correct and not saying what we really think deep down in. In the end we do know that we need to do what is right and not some of the things the inner redneck part of our persona would like.

Owen
09-15-2015, 08:43 AM
I think Obama care more than sucks. It makes running a small business very difficult. Before Obamacare we had great insurance and paid about 47 grand for coverage for our 10 employees. Our annual increases since Obamacare have been as high as 70% For this year we will be paying 110 grand and to stay that low we had to quit providing coverage for most of our employees wife and family and make our coverage worse. We are still grandfathered in to not fully compliant programs and when we have to go fully compliant our coverage will be far worse and the cost will go up another 30%. Under the program we have been offering up to now if I hired an employee with a wife and kids I would pay more for the insurance coverage for them as he got in his paycheck. People complain about our wages being stagnant. I would love to up my pay scale but am stuck putting any money I could use for that into health insurance.
That's fair. I have nothing to argue against that.

Bush, probably wasn't as bad as many of us think but many if not most do think of him as a bad president. Clinton did a good job but I hope his wife doesn't get in. Regan really was a fantastic president. Carter was the worst since Hoover.
Clinton was okay. I don't have too much of an opinion, I was alive for one year of his presidency. All I know is "he did not have sexual relations with that girl." Regan was okay as well, I did a history report on him. Carter did suck.

Trump. Humm, The idea of him being President seems scary to me. I do think a lot of people are tired of needing to be politically correct and not saying what we really think deep down in. In the end we do know that we need to do what is right and not some of the things the inner redneck part of our persona would like.
I agree that it's good he's so outspoken, but if he's that outspoken and ballsy he's gonna piss off the wrong person and cause a lot of tension.

Harold Mansfield
09-15-2015, 12:00 PM
Instead of going to random topics, why not making a big thread regarding international politics? Let's kick it off.

I support Bernie Sanders, I do not support Donald Trump, I think George W. Bush was a horrible president, I think Obama is a decent president (Obamacare kinda sucks.) and I'm like 75% sure I'm democratic. Argue with me ;)

Nope. Nope. Nope. We stay clear of politics for specifically that reason. So that we don't start arguing with each other. We do just fine without it. I don't want to know who votes for who, or hear anyone's religious opinion about why I'm going to hell. I don't care and this isn't the place.

Enough government seeps into other posts regarding laws and taxes. That's enough. It's too touchy and too risky.

I'm closing the thread.