PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me about Shopify??

webtech123
09-12-2015, 06:49 AM
Hello Friends..

I don't know i am posting this thread at right place or not?? but i want to know about shopify??

what is shopify and how can we develop a website on this?? is it better than magento???

please help me, i am waiting for your replies...

Thanks

vangogh
09-12-2015, 10:31 AM
Have you looked through the Shopify website (https://www.shopify.com/)? They have plenty of information about what Shopify is and how you work with it.

fullflavor
09-12-2015, 11:36 AM
They also have a youtube channel with a ton of videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/shopify/videos

inspiriting
09-13-2015, 11:04 AM
Hi webtech 123,

Shopify is an online shop builder. If you have some products you want to sell online, Shopify might be an option for you.

There is no way to make a flat statement whether Shopify is a good solution for you or not. You haven't provided any information about your plans.
The best advice I could give you is getting crystal-clear what you'd like to do. Do you need an online shop, do you need only a shop, or would you like a website with a shop?

Shopify is specialized on the shop-solution. But there are clearly other options available. You mentioned one with Magento.
But before you don't know what you need, it's hard to make any recommendation.

3YM
03-21-2016, 04:36 PM
I'm currently looking at Shopify Lite. you can add a shop to a Facebook page for $9 a month it seems. I'm trying to develop a local bicycle delivery company where once a week I would deliver coffee from a local roaster to people around my neighbourhood.

I'm still doing some initial research but I believe just adding a shop to a Facebook page would be a good way to go. It keeps my initial start up costs down as this is a new company and there are people living in cars with more cash than me.

Hopefully it'll build a sense of community too, which might be lacking in an online shop. We'll see how it goes, but that's my thinking on the issue atm.

twoodal
02-21-2017, 03:57 PM
Shopify is by far my favorite ecommerce platform, and I have used several. It is slightly more money, but has been so worth it. I have been able to generate higher sales and make better looking websites much faster. It has tons of apps that allow you to automate many time consuming processes. If you need any help, feel free to message or email me!

Lamech
07-06-2017, 11:29 PM
Shopify is a nice ecommerce platform, i have create many stores for people with shopify and they are succeeding through facebook advertising.... You can try

Riley Lueilwitz
04-24-2019, 09:49 AM
It's also an online platform that allows you creating a legitimate website. As you have not recommendation to checkout at official website of Shopify, its absolutely correct. Go ahead, pick out details and know more about it.

jimr451
04-25-2019, 10:26 AM
One big advantage to a hosted platform like Shopify is that you don't need to maintain PCI compliance and manage security, upgrades, backups, etc. With software like Magento, you'll have to manage those pieces, in addition to trying to run your business.

-Jim

eliquidsaleuk
08-20-2019, 07:10 AM
Shopify is a good platform for e-commerce business owners, taking the need for hefty upfront fees to get started. You may want to speak to a professional to get set up though, depending on your digital expertise/experience.