PDA

View Full Version : How to do conversion tracking for a locksmith website?

dewalds86
09-09-2015, 09:36 AM
Hi there. I need some assistance on how I can do conversion tracking.

I have a general idea on how to do conversion tracking when you have sign up forms.

My question is if you have a locksmith website what would you do conversion tracking on?

Most people who search for a locksmith just call the first number they see because it is usually an emergency.

I would like some suggestions please.

Harold Mansfield
09-09-2015, 12:19 PM
To do conversion tracking you would have to have something to track and compare. Are you running any ads, do you have any landing or squeeze pages set up? Any sign up forms on your website? Coupons? Mailers?

What exactly are you trying to track? Or I should say, from what source or action?

vangogh
09-09-2015, 05:07 PM
It's tougher to track when the purchase is offline, but you can add some kind of offer like X% off if you mention Y. That won't be perfect, but it'll give you more of an idea where someone came from before calling. If you run ads, each add could ask to mention something different so you'd know where they saw the ad. For example i listen to a lot of podcasts and the ad reads almost always contain something extra in the URL. If we were running an add here, someone might want us to use the URL domain.com/sbf10, which might translate to this forum in October.

Hope that helps.

HooktoWin
09-10-2015, 05:28 PM
Hi there. I need some assistance on how I can do conversion tracking.

I have a general idea on how to do conversion tracking when you have sign up forms.

My question is if you have a locksmith website what would you do conversion tracking on?

Most people who search for a locksmith just call the first number they see because it is usually an emergency.

I would like some suggestions please.

Hi dewalds86!

It's fantastic you're taking the time to think about this. It's really important so, nice!

You touched on the answer in your question, not sure if you caught it.

You said: "Most people who search for a locksmith just call the first number they see because it is usually an emergency."

The most natural way to track that is with vanity numbers. If you're using Google AdWords here's how you'd go about doing that.

Sign in to your AdWords account.
From the Campaigns tab, click the campaign you'd like to add your phone number to, then click the Ad Extensions tab.
In the View drop-down menu, choose Call Extensions.
Click the red + Extension button, then click the + New phone number button.
Fill out the information for your phone number and click Save. Then, click Save again.

There are lots of other methods you can use, of course, but the most natural tracking method to use is the one dictated by your customers.
Here are some other methods you can use.

Repeat sales: Does the same customer lock themselves out more than once?
Caller ID data: Assuming you can get it in your area, this would give you a whole lot of detail on individual callers. Add it all up and patterns start to emerge.
App referrals. If you're using lead referral sources like Angie's List, Yelp, Yellow Pages, etc. You'd definitely want to track which source is most effective so you know where to spend your marketing budget.
How you found me: Creating a system that asks customers how they found you is helpful (but probably best done after you let them in). Are police officers referring you? Is there a local source sharing positive word of mouth? It helps to know.

dewalds86
09-14-2015, 06:28 AM
It's tougher to track when the purchase is offline, but you can add some kind of offer like X% off if you mention Y. That won't be perfect, but it'll give you more of an idea where someone came from before calling. If you run ads, each add could ask to mention something different so you'd know where they saw the ad. For example i listen to a lot of podcasts and the ad reads almost always contain something extra in the URL. If we were running an add here, someone might want us to use the URL domain.com/sbf10, which might translate to this forum in October.

Hope that helps.

I agree it is not perfect but you just gave me a brilliant idea. So far this is the best answer I have received. We have landing pages for the different areas we cover and it would be easy to implement something like this with a popup appearing when you scroll or land on one of the landing pages.

Ideally I would love to know how many people call us for a job after searching for us on google. At the moment we dont know whether calls come from google, refferals, returning customers, yellow pages ect

dewalds86
09-14-2015, 06:38 AM
Hi dewalds86!

It's fantastic you're taking the time to think about this. It's really important so, nice!

You touched on the answer in your question, not sure if you caught it.

You said: "Most people who search for a locksmith just call the first number they see because it is usually an emergency."

The most natural way to track that is with vanity numbers. If you're using Google AdWords here's how you'd go about doing that.

Sign in to your AdWords account.
From the Campaigns tab, click the campaign you'd like to add your phone number to, then click the Ad Extensions tab.
In the View drop-down menu, choose Call Extensions.
Click the red + Extension button, then click the + New phone number button.
Fill out the information for your phone number and click Save. Then, click Save again.

There are lots of other methods you can use, of course, but the most natural tracking method to use is the one dictated by your customers.
Here are some other methods you can use.

Repeat sales: Does the same customer lock themselves out more than once?
Caller ID data: Assuming you can get it in your area, this would give you a whole lot of detail on individual callers. Add it all up and patterns start to emerge.
App referrals. If you're using lead referral sources like Angie's List, Yelp, Yellow Pages, etc. You'd definitely want to track which source is most effective so you know where to spend your marketing budget.
How you found me: Creating a system that asks customers how they found you is helpful (but probably best done after you let them in). Are police officers referring you? Is there a local source sharing positive word of mouth? It helps to know.

I know about Google adwords call extensions. I am a certified adwords individual. Adwords also has caller tracking which basically puts a script in your page where you normally put the telephone number. What it does it shows a unique tellephone number when some one visits the site and when some one dials that number it get loged on google adwords as well as google analytics. The tellephone number gets routed to your landline or cell phone. The only problem is that they dont support our country so we can not use this option. Also my boss does not want to run adwords.

Im looking for a similar solution but one that sends the data to google analytics.

I have heard of some one implementing a code that sends some data but it only works for the mobile version of a website when some makes a call from their mobile on the site.