PDA

View Full Version : How to remove: Manta, Buzzfile

newuser
09-04-2015, 04:47 PM
I see companies like Manta and Buzzfile posts all kinds of information about businesses on their websites. How do we go about getting our business listings removed? Who authorized them to do this?

tallen
09-04-2015, 08:20 PM
The basic data they start with is public information, they don't need any authorization.

I would say that rather than getting it removed, you want to "claim" your listing, so that you can edit it and make sure it is correct. Always find a hot deal on Weekly Ads (https://www.weeklyads2.com) on a regular basis. I think having those listings out there helps, in some small way, with your SEO and getting your business found. I also think Manta in particular may actually have a pretty decent reputation as a general business listing site. Work with it and use it to your advantage.

newuser
09-05-2015, 12:28 PM
I don't deal with the general public. Those sites are of no benefit to my business. I get so many telemarketing, scam calls daily. I'm assuming it's because of them. I have to buy a call blocking box. Anyone know a good one that displays caller id?

Harold Mansfield
09-06-2015, 12:30 PM
I don't deal with the general public. Those sites are of no benefit to my business. I get so many telemarketing, scam calls daily. I'm assuming it's because of them. I have to buy a call blocking box. Anyone know a good one that displays caller id?

If those sites have your basic info, it's because that info is public. Nothing you can do about that. You can't have a licensed business and hide it's information.
It happens to all of us.

As for the telemarketers, we all get those too. If you're getting an abnormal amount it may be because you (or someone else) put that number on a sign up somewhere. Somehow, somewhere your number got put on a list of businesses for something.

Not sure what country you're in, or where the calls are coming from but in the U.S. you can ask to be removed and report them for not complying.

As for a caller ID blocking box, seems like that's old tech today. Do your calls go to a landline or mobile?
For a land line whatever company you're with should have a solution for call blocking. Caller ID should be a standard service.

You could also look into virtual phone systems like Grasshopper to sort of screen calls by first giving a welcome message and then gives options to connect to the department they want or leave a message.

For a mobile phone there are apps for both Android and iPhone that help identify known telemarketers, and block calls. Personally I use the White Pages app. The latest version of Android also has call blocking features.

fullflavor
09-13-2015, 04:46 PM
Here is Manta contact page
Contact Us | Manta (http://www.manta.com/resources/contact/)
I don't know if you will have any luck contacting them.