PDA

View Full Version : eating it v2.0

huggytree
06-03-2009, 08:55 PM
this one isnt as bad as the last, it just annoyed me and id see what you'd all do

tub replacement, valve/mixer trim was missing a screw on the finish (for the handle)...since all it was was a screw i offered (-$20) for the homeowner to install it themselves..they seemed thrilled to say yes (husband is handy).

I called Moen, set up for a 2 day delivery of the screw for free.

I get a call...it came w/ 2 screws and we cant get it to work.

oooookaayyyy.....so i go over take out the screw they had in (which was too long), put in the other screw...out the door...1.5 minutes....

if one doesnt work hmmmmm maybe the other one will eh?

should i have asked for my $20 back?

i didnt, but boooooooy i wanted to...very annoying...i just dont get it...

cocoy
06-04-2009, 12:00 PM
I wouldn't have offered the -$20.

I would go back and install the screw when it arrived. I would finish the job myself 100%.

huggytree
06-04-2009, 09:22 PM
thats exactly what i will be doing next time.

I was trying to save myself a return trip....it would cost me $100+ to return...i thought (-$20) was a great idea....it was idiot proof....obviously not.

now i returned and made $20 less than before my great idea.

orion_joel
06-08-2009, 03:40 AM
Not really sure how it could have possibly cost you more then $100 to go back to fit a screw. But yeah as a business owner these are the sort of little things you have to grin and bare, They are the little things, that make the difference between you and home depot. Yes maybe Home depot would have got the screw but they would have had to go and get it from home depot, and figured it out themselves.

Also if they said on the phone the screw didnt work but got two, you could have said try the other screw.

huggytree
06-08-2009, 08:26 PM
the time to drive back to the job is $100 + the phone time

i thought they said they tried both screws...something goofy...maybe the other screw didnt look right or something like that....it was just easier to go handle it than talk them through it..

i never should have let them do it in the first place...lesson learned....keep my $20 and just eat the return trip.