PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone I'm Teresa from South Louisiana

TERESA91055
05-31-2009, 10:45 AM
I'm new to forums and such, so if I do something wrong, tell me, OK. I'm from South Louisiana, 22 miles from the gulf of Mexico. I'm 53 years old, true age but I don't look my age..lol some say I look like I'm in my late 30's..isn't that a blessing...lol. I'm a retired news paper and rodeo photographer. I have raised cattle and horse and kids most of my adult life. I'm a mom of 4 beautiful children, 3 girls and 1 son, all grown and married. I have 9 awesome grandchildren, who love to ride 4 wheelers, hunt, fish, ride horses, and anything to do with the great outdoors.

My grandchildren and myself, are the reasons why I have looked in to the health and wellness industry, I have grandchildren with asthma, and my own children, their parents were never sick. So what is causing all these problems with our future generations????

I believe it to be the chemical and cleaning products we use in our homes for one reason. There are other sources to many too mention here, but the more I do research on the subject the more I find...it's amazing what we are doing and not even aware of the problems they are causing to our family.

Now by now means am I greeny or a tree hugger or what ever else you call other people, I'm just a concerned grandmother that want to live long enough to see her great great grandchildren born into a more healthy and safe environment than what we have. And I want to live to be 105 like my grandmother did also.

So is there anyone else that thinks along the same lines as this, I would love to hear you stories and about your health concerns also.

God bless you and keep you safe,
:)Teresa

vangogh
05-31-2009, 11:06 AM
Welcome to the forum Teresa. No worries if you do something wrong here or there. We're a pretty forgiving group. Sounds like a mix of interesting careers.

Interesting thought about the chemicals and cleaning products in our homes. I'm not sure of they're the sole reason for health problems, but I'm sure they contribute. What are you doing with the research you're finding? Are you looking to build a site to help others find the information? Or perhaps developing some healthier products.

I'm sure there are many people as concerned as you are.

Welcome again and thanks for joining the community.

KristineS
05-31-2009, 01:54 PM
Hi Teresa, welcome to the forum.

We were all newbies on a forum at one point, so don't worry about doing something wrong.

As for the cleaning products, I try to use natural products when I can. I think there's something to be said for that and it might be better for the environment too.

TERESA91055
06-01-2009, 08:39 AM
Thank you for the welcome and comment. I look forward to meeting and learning from others on the forum also.

Have a great day,
Terri