PDA

View Full Version : Constant Closing

Blacktalon
05-26-2009, 07:07 PM
I keep closing sales!

In the last week alone I've closed four different sales with potential clients:

- 3 for website design, and
- 1 for a recruiting initiative.

Needless to say it's been a good few weeks. I've even put together an excellent presentation to the Board of Directors I sit on and they thought it was fantastic.

Now excuse me while I have a joygasm.

vangogh
05-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Congrats Sean. That's a nice amount of projects to have closed on. Are you getting more leads or are you getting better at closing?

huggytree
05-26-2009, 09:06 PM
Ive been having great luck too lately...its always seasonal w/ me...late winter/spring i cant sell a job if my life depended on it....maybe 1 out of 15....late spring into fall im almost 100%.....ive written about it on this website before, but i think its because people start bidding 'at cost' in the winter months when work is slow...i havent yet, but will next year...

i wonder if only the cheap people look for contractors out of season and the good people look in the middle of the year....i cant explain it, but its definately a pattern.

can you help me get a joygasm too?

orion_joel
05-27-2009, 06:55 AM
If you are seeing a pattern with big swings like this you are possibly better looking for a business that has an opposite swing. So instead of cutting your prices you just switch roles. One that may or may not work, just a random idea, in spring/summer you do plumbing, in winter, snow clearing, or plow, or clearing snow from roof's, etc. May or may not work for your area. But it is a swing from a up season in one business to another in another season.

Blacktalon
05-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Congrats Sean. That's a nice amount of projects to have closed on. Are you getting more leads or are you getting better at closing?
It's a combination of both. I've gotten really comfortable with who I am as a person, so approaching people is not much of a problem anymore. I appear and feel more confident, so I think that right there communicates a lot.

Moreover, I think the fact that I broke the barriers of talking in front of people by talking to some 90-ish people at my wedding (both in English and French!) without flinching.

Also, the concept of commercial survival kicks in too, so I'm more or less forced to fight for that continued existence.

huggytree, you can get all the joygasms you need if you sign up with Blacktalon's business development services ;)

I'm sure Steve wouldn't mind if we all had our joygasms at his business stronghold. We all know how much he appreciates thriving and ecstatic life.