PDA

View Full Version : What factors do you wish an SEO tool could tell you about keywords?

canirank_mel
08-02-2015, 03:14 PM
We're are refining our SEO keyword difficulty analytic software system and are wanting to make sure it's all-star by having all the factors people want. What are some of the points/information you want to have when doing keyword research for your sites?

Harold Mansfield
08-02-2015, 03:36 PM
I really can't think of anything I need that isn't already out there. What does your software do now that is different from the other tools?

canirank_mel
08-05-2015, 11:04 AM
The main thing that differentiates CanIRank from other SEO tools is that rather than just providing data, we're focused on sifting through all of that data and using machine learning to provide actionable insights and specific recommendations for things you can improve. So if other SEO tools are like Google, we're Google Now -- the layer of intelligence on top that tells you what you should be paying attention to right at that moment.

Harold Mansfield
08-05-2015, 03:35 PM
I would think a better way to get feedback is from people who are already using your product. Why not just ask them what new features they want?
I get questionnaires from products or services that I use all of the time about how they can improve things. Seems like that would much more effective than asking people who aren't using it.

Personally I don't use special keyword tools anymore. What Google and Yoast do is plenty for what I need.

Kumar Palani
08-06-2015, 02:08 AM
I completely agree with Harold Mansfield, and wish to add more...!

To me I still rely on Google and it's largely enough for me. Besides in my view the understanding of logical/human understanding is more important in deciding keywords, and there is no tool that can help you get there. And hence the only reason I use keyword tools is to get an idea of traffic and competition (to better prepare my focus).

canirank_mel
08-10-2015, 08:26 AM
Hi Harold, thanks for the feedback. Definitely agree with you in gaining current customer insight; we've done that already a few times with our own clients but since many of them have only used our tool and stuck with it; they don't really have much comparison to other tools out there so we are looking to get some opinions from those that have been in the SEO world for a while & familiar with what's out there. We added to the new tool free SEO audits for anyone just so we can get some more "well-seasoned SEOs" feedback. Thanks again for the feedback!

janefirst
09-11-2015, 07:23 AM
It should tell us how much traffic is there on a keyword, and how much competition it face actually. A keyword tool also suggest it long tail keywords and alternative keywords so that they can be used as synonyms.

Alexcook
09-14-2015, 08:10 AM
Generally, I use keyword planner to mine my exact keywords. For long tail keywords ubersuggest is quite a handy one.
I brainstorm through many tools so as to find the right seed word. It would be very hard to just rely upon one tool.

webcrest
09-14-2015, 09:11 AM
I normally use keywords spy for my keywords research. When i search stats for a keywords, I wish to see number of searches available for that keyword in a month. There must be a filter by location to narrow down the searches.
Next thing that I wish to see is total competitors for that keywords and general CPC on it.

This gives me pretty good idea. If you can add suggestions for the keywords, it would be great.

dewalds86
09-21-2015, 06:39 AM
We're are refining our SEO keyword difficulty analytic software system and are wanting to make sure it's all-star by having all the factors people want. What are some of the points/information you want to have when doing keyword research for your sites?

There are already very good tools that tell you the search volume and competitiveness of a keyword. What I personally feel keyword tools lack is adequate suggestions of for keywords.

Google keyword planner doesn't always give you very nice keyword suggestions for what you are looking for. It also doesn't suggest long tail keywords efficiently.

canirank_mel
09-29-2015, 07:08 AM
Thanks dewalds86. I agree, that was one of our first building features since it was personally such a pain in the butt for us when using other tools.